July 15, 2024

BAREFOOT CONTESSA'S BANANA BREAD and HOT SUMMER DAYS


Good Morning Kindred Spirits...
You may not want to visit the great state of Texas
in the summer.....although we are far better off
than those who live in Arizona, we have rather HOT summers.....
I cannot share any big travel plans or vacations, but
rather what's going on in Estelle's kitchen and
how we are striving to keep the gardens looking lush and healthy!
I have purchased a few new items for fall and also for Christmas.
so that sure has been enjoyable.....
and I tried a new Banana Bread recipe to share....
this is from THE BAREFOOT CONTESSA archives and yes,
you can count on Ina's recipes to be some of the best!



Before we get to the recipe featured today, here are a few home updates...



The beauty of Lucille Louisa Merriweather.....



I updated the foyer rug to a smaller, more neutral washable rug....
I love it....it's cushy soft with a stay in place backing....



For my birthday, the darling
approved of purchasing two new formal dining chairs....
I love the look of the two end chairs being different
than the side chairs...I'm thrilled with the new look....



I am really looking forward to setting the table for Autumn,
using my Friendly Village dinnerware and having these
new chairs incorporated into the look.....



We water early in the morning......then turn
the sprinklers on for the lawn....



I have so loved the Rose of Sharon this year.....



And, I am over the moon with the Four O' Clocks....



This is a lovely quick bread laced with cinnamon and nutmeg!

BAREFOOT CONTESSA BANANA BREAD
















 

2 comments:

  1. Betsy, I just love your new beautiful chairs. What a nice Birthday gift! Thanks for sharing the Banana Bread recipe link. Banana Nut Bread is one of my favorites and good served any time of the day. I always enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banana bread looks Yummy, and moist! I love your new dining chairs. Nel just bought four similar ones, only they are more of a velvety fabric. Your roses are sweet, and I love that picture of you watering your plants. Yes, I definitely water in the mornings too. I heard about the Texas summers. Try to stay cool, Betsy. It's always such a pleasure to read your dear posts.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.