July 12, 2024

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

I KNOW.....I KNOW.......
It's always a good time when your thoughts are beginning
to embrace the ideas you are planning for the holidays!



I have loved Christmas in July for years and I hope 
I never lose my enthusiasm for this special event.
Of course, I am referring to the month long
kick off to Christmas on QVC...
however, sadly....the years have changed their products and their prices....
I have a beautiful collection of holiday decor pieces from years past
and the quality is beyond measure.
Nothing is quite the same anymore and the prices are extravagant....
so I have cut way back on adding to the plethora of my collection. 



I have large lanterns I want to decorate this year and chose
these beautiful ribbon spools for bow making.....
I order my ribbon from Craft Outlet or Amazon....
This is going to look so festive and beautiful with a few picks added.....



Last year, I kept it simple for both Fall and Christmas....
this year, I feel like going opulent.....



This is my new art print that will be the inspiration for our
fireplace mantel....I have a great love for sheep and country churches.....
it speaks to the season I think.....how very peaceful and serene....



I absolutely love adding to my collection of Nativity sets
and this is a former Sam's Club Nativity I thrifted last year....
I have added two more new ones for 2024 and am
really looking forward to using them on Mother's sideboard buffet
and our fireplace mantel.....


For the tree, I am going to bring back the feather boas...
it was an elegant look and my favorite of all times.....
When the family arrives for Christmas Eve, I want them
to feel like they just arrived at the North Pole......


I am adding to the ornaments with a set of
these beautiful harvest color ornaments with
a touch of plaid....


I so look forward with anticipation to the holiday season....
only two more months until September arrives and then
the fall decorating can begin...it's going to be wonderful...
I can feel it down to my toes....how about you?
Are your making plans for transforming your home to
the fall and winter season?




4 comments:

  1. My favorite season is coming (autumn) and my favorite holiday (Christmas)! I love decorating for each of these special seasons.

    Last Thanksgiving we just had my parents addition finished on our house so I gave myself grace to do the basic and be happy with it! It was good, but this year I am feeling the desire to do more!

    You are inspiring me, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely pieces on here today. I especially like the winter sheep scene. I also have a painting in a winter scene on my mantel around Christmas. It's a Thomas Kinkade and so charming. Your Nativity set is beautiful. That's a great idea to put the decorative bows on the lanterns. Looking forward to seeing the decor around your house this Fall, Betsy. It's always such inspiration.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my dear!!! I am in the throes of fall decorating as I write!! I started with sunflowers in the spring and am adding to this day by day hoping to be fully decorated for FALL by August first. I'm old now and can do what I want and I am not being very 'public' about my early decorating due to all the summer lovers out there!
    However.....my energy is not what it was and I only decorate to please myself so there you go!
    From August first to October 31st it will be FALL here at the Chapman home.
    I will have Christmas all up and done by Thanksgiving (I am not hosting this holiday and haven't in years) and will take Christmas down by mid January. Last year was awful and it took me to March to get it all down.
    I am trying my dead level best to scale back some and if I don't absolutely LOVE something - off to the Goodwill bag it goes. In the Winter season of my life I am finding a new mindset and am embracing it.
    Christmas in July!! I'm all in and am painting a Santa for my firstborn granddaughter - at her request! Tomorrow I will pop in some Christmas CDs while I paint!!

    Love YOU and the elegant way you live your life......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am right there with you Linda....I loved your comment. It is very different in our time of life but, I too am determined to keep my passion and love for creating a seasonal home as long as I can....we can do it! Yes, it may be less than prior years, but it still can be festive and we can enjoy the results when it's the look we want. You know you are the queen of home designs for the season....my inspiration to just create.....love you!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.