June 9, 2020

QUIET AFTERNOONS, COMFORT FOOD AND SUNFLOWERS



I love Sunday rides to some of our favorite areas
around the Dallas area.....
I thought this beautiful sign, created with fresh flowers
was absolutely stunning...
it was a quiet place to sit and relax a bit...with social distancing, of course!


I am really longing for our days to return to our
old normal....festive gatherings with cocktail hours
on a Friday night.....


I want the anticipation of fall football games.....


Our back porch is my peaceful haven....
it's quiet, the birds are singing and people
are walking their dogs....there is the lovely water
sounds from the pool and butterflies flit about
living their best life......


One of my newly planted daylilies bloomed...


And, then another.......just gorgeous...love the colors!


It's the perfect spot for reading and browsing through 
the latest catalogs....

COMFORT FOOD


Scrambled eggs with Feta Cheese




I am changing up a vignette in the kitchen with a Summer vibe...
I love Sunflowers in the seasons of both Summer and Fall!


This little vignette makes me happy....
it's a lovely look for summer.......


I came across these beautiful tin planters
which came in a set of three.....
I plan to use these in Autumn too!



And, this gorgeous sunflower tin.....


I think there is nothing better than
Susan Branch to bring back the sweetness and
positivity in life....and we all certainly could use those
right now!




7 comments:

  1. May I sit on the back porch with you and eat some of that yummy food you pictured? I too long for a return to "normal" although I despair of that every happening. I think our lives are changed forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put some silk sunflowers and ivy in a basket this morning. It sure makes for a cheery arrangement! You've given me more ideas too. I think I have the book by S. Branch! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post. I always think "ahhhhhh" after a visit here. Now back to the real world. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we can get back to normal. I think they are learning more about the virus all the time, and while sadly it has been fatal for some, it has turned out to not be as bad as they thought.

    I used to get that catalog! I'll have to send for it again! And dear Susan Branch!

    Your food looks great, as always, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We only have a pond and a water feature to enjoy the water sounds. But it brings the birds and butterflies too. It has been enjoyable on the porch. Loved seeing your new decorations. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful post, and that chocolate cake!!!! Yummy. I am longing for normal too. In the meantime stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how I love sunflowers! Your sunflowers and chickens just made me smile!!
    Yes, I am trying my best to live a real life. Even if it involves masks and touching elbows and distancing ourselves.....our family has decided to be real and hug and be together. I am so grateful for that! Our poor children! A delivery came on Sunday and the quads were so very cautious about it coming into the house....

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.