March 21, 2023

OLD FASHIONED FIG CAKE

 



Hello Loves....welcome back to Estelle's....
I'm so glad you could join the post for today..
it's a delicious cake recipe and beautiful new cake stand...
I had my eye on this gorgeous beaded cake stand from Mud Pie
for a few months and when it went on sale....I could no longer resist....

So what could go better with a new cake stand, than
a vintage cake recipe......I chose to try
this marvelous Fig Cake....it's a winner y'all!



I made one change to this recipe.....
rather than using fig preserves,
I opted for one package of dried figs...
just cut them into bite size pieces and soaked
them in a bit of hot water before adding them to the cake batter.



It baked up beautifully and oh my gosh....the aroma of spice,
and the buttermilk glaze...heavenly.....



I sure hope you give this one a try.....
it is a delicious cake....gonna be perfect for the Autumn season especially.....



Recipe found on Pinterest



Lovely topped with fresh sweetened whipped cream.......





7 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks delicious! The glaze looks like a wonderful topping ,too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cake stand. Oh my gosh that cake looks so yummy. Hope everyone enjoyed it. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds tempting! Love the photo of you in the sidebar smiling a sweet welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this looks Yummy. And so moist too! Your new cake stand is very nice. Beaded stuff is really IN right now. I just saw a purse with large beads dangling from it. It was so cute. I think the whipped cream adds a little something to your Fig Cake, Betsy. Looks wonderful.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betsy,

    Thank you for sharing this recipe for fig cake!! It looks very much like the prune cake my mom made a few weeks ago for a church event. She had enough left to share some with us, and we LOVED it! My mom used to make prune cake at the holidays when I was growing up, and I haven't had it in years. Your cake looks just the same except for the difference in fruits. :) Your cake is also quite lovely; my mom did hers as a sheet cake, which isn't quite as pretty as a bundt cake. I love your new cake stand, Betsy; I've never seen one like this, but it is gorgeous. I can see why you wanted it. :)

    Thank you so much for your visit earlier this week and your very sweet comments on my post. I love to hear from you! I hope you're having a good weekend down in Texas.

    Best wishes,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Wow!! Fig is my husband's fave of all sweets! We now have fig trees planted in our lil orchard and they were so beautiful until that 7 degree temp killed them all. He makes fig preserves every yr when we can get our hands on them. Will definitely be making this cake for him. It looks absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.