June 12, 2020

VINTAGE MIRRORS BECOME BOTANICAL GARDENS WITH IOD TRANSFERS



I am always looking for a new craft project
that I would like to try my hand at, and
learning to do an IOD transfer really
captured my attention.


I chose to use three vintage mirrors I had for this project...
and I will say, I really love the results!


I am not sure how well these mirrors photograph,
but the results turned out beautifully....


This was a mirror I have had for years and keep this upstairs
in one of our little guest bedrooms....
a beautiful work of art and rather a romantic look....
this was a simple inexpensive mirror.....


This particular transfer came in one large sheet...
I cut the pieces I wanted for each project.


I would say the time to complete the largest mirror was
less than 30 minutes.


This little round beveled mirror was a gift
from my sister which she found at an estate sale...


I simply love how this turned out for the dining room....


I think it gave this a very vintage look....

If you are interested in crafting using
an IOD TRANSFER, I have provided you
the link below on where I found mine....




“There was a filmy veil of soft dull mist obscuring, but not hiding, all objects, giving them a lilac hue, for the sun had not yet fully set; a robin was singing ... The leaves were more gorgeous than ever; the first touch of frost would lay them all low to the ground. Already one or two kept constantly floating down, amber and golden in the low slanting sun-rays.”
Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

Wishing you all a peaceful weekend.....

4 comments:

  1. These are so uniquely lovely. I am going to suggest them to my niece who is looking for decorating ideas in her new apartment.

    The video (surprised me by working as I am having trouble this morning with other bloggers' videos) is pretty and pleasant. The sheep was a nifty addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I just purchased that transfer fromm a local vintage shop. Will transfer it onto an old dresser I've painted. I did another china cabinet with a Prima transfer of dogwood branches and birds. It is fun project isn't it? Think I could easily get carried away so will have to hold myself back. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 12, 2020

    what a beautiful post this is!
    it's the combination of old mirrors and the art that looks from another time.
    all just so lovely. thank you for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I am going to do this.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.