December 15, 2019

WRAPPING IT UP FOR CHRISTMAS EVE


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
How is everyone doing?
The darling and I finished all of our Christmas shopping
this weekend, as well as most of our grocery shopping for Christmas Eve.
The Cali kids are arriving on Friday, so the preparation will begin
for Christmas week.


I brought out the dishes I wanted to use for our casual setting
on the kitchen farmhouse table......


Casual, yet festive!


I love, love, love using my Debbie Mumm collection of holiday plates!


Do you bring out your collection of Christmas books
and place them in various nooks and cranny's of the house?


I love doing that!
It makes no difference your age....
who doesn't love to sit down and read a beautiful
Children's book of Christmas.......


I adore adding seasonal luxury soaps and towels
in all the bathrooms for guests...
this brand of soaps is a bit pricey but absolutely divine!
How vintage!!!!



Mother's sideboard is ready for offering her Russian Spice Tea


I love the warmth and nostalgia that the 
Victorian era offers during the holidays....
all those cozy, fuzzy holiday memories......


We added a new HUGE snowman to our front entryway
which we have named Wallace....he stands next to our
HUGE nutcracker we call Winston....they are very grand gentleman!!!


All the special goodies are beginning to appear....
a very special and joyous feeling overtakes us on
Christmas Eve as we listen to
Hark the Herald Angels Sing and Silent Night.....


The darling finally finished his latest puzzle, which is a real stunner...
the colors in this puzzle are so, so vibrant!!!


We made our annual trip to the Container Store yesterday
and stocked up on wrapping paper.....


added a new cookie tin.....


and purchased new gift bags...
I'm telling you, they are works of art......





You know alot of work, and effort goes in to planning for
Christmas Day....and I think it's worth every bit...
to make it a feast for the senses for our families.....


Everyone loves gathering in our formal living room
for cocktails in the evening....


I have planned my Christmas Eve outfit for photos with the darling in my life...
I am going for a vintage look...yes a tulle skirt...I am not even going
to think about how old we are now...I have always wanted to wear
a tulle skirt, so indeed I am.....


Christmas comes but once a year....
let's add a little glamour to our life!


This is Mae Mobley's annual Christmas tree photo....
she IS the most beautiful girl in the world....to us anyway..
kisses darling girl!!!

6 comments:

  1. I come here tonight as a weary gal...just driving in from plano AND putting our annual calendar together before the sale ends at shutterfly. Yet, I come here for a little bit of comfort...for your pics and stories always put me back in time for a moment of reflection on my own growing up years of Christmas's past.
    I thank you for that!
    What I thought about while reading your post....
    We work so hard to make Christmas "nice" yet what we're really doing is making memories for all of our kiddos to store in their hearts. To remember in their years to come when their children are older and rekindling times spent with their grandparents. That's what it's all about, isn't it??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Mae under the tree...so darling she is. I wish that we had a container store or an Ikea or a don’t get me started, Everything looks ready as can be from the sweet Debbie Mum dishes to the Friendly Village on the sideboard, All looks merry and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all ready! I have those same Debbie Mum plates....and have you read the Jeremy Seals book? I start it every year but have not read it completely. We are in Big Spring this morning. We will be shopping the HEB here for some Christmas groceries before we head east on I20. This week I will be making Texas Trash, Sugarplums and Fruitcake Cookies. And divinity! I haven't made this in ages but will be making up a batch this year. You need clear blue skies so I am checking the weather forecast to find the best day this week!
    Savoring the days until Christmas along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are ageless. did you not know that? the tulle and the sweater and the jewels. enchanting!
    and Mae Mobley? oh that kitty. she has my heart. that's a picture worth framing.
    jmac has left you the perfect comment. it's truly what you're about! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you surely have made your home a feast for the senses. Everything looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing all the prettiness you have put out. That puzzle is beautiful. I adore the wonderful dishes. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.