December 17, 2019

CHRISTMAS EVE MENU


This week, no doubt is probably a busy week for us all.
I always love hearing what you all are serving for Christmas Eve
and of course, Christmas Day dinner.
I can remember when we were children, you knew Mother was 
polishing her silver, bringing out our fine china and table linens
and baking with real butter and real cream...it all felt so decadent and special.
The darling's family always packed up the car on Christmas Eve
and traveled up from Jackson to the the Delta, to spend
Christmas Eve at his Grandmothers.
They had a marvelous little old house with those big fat venetian blinds
on the windows which were all aglow with the old-fashioned
multi-colored lights. And.....she was enjoying
her Thunderbird Wine....oh yes, it was time for Christmas in the Delta!!!
Anyhoo....let's talk food, shall we?
I have just received a text that the grandchildren will be
attending our Christmas Eve party after all....so
you know Maine Grandma , that would be me...is super excited!


These festive tins will contain homemade goodies...
Tea Time Tessies
Peanut Butter Cookies
and
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Christmas scents will be thoughout the house when everyone arrives...
frosted cranberry, fresh balsam and winter pine........


This little tray will hold special cheeses from
Harry and David


This serving dish from Temptations will feature
a hot Spinach Artichoke Dip


I have used my Mother's vintage choir children on this tablescape..
I value this collection more than I can say....I played with these little children
for hours on end when I was a child....they are delicate and chipped and so well-loved.
The silver/crystal cake plate belonged to my grandmother....
This will hold hot Bacon Cheese Biscuit Bites.


This gorgeous platter, which I bought in Maine will
showcase their favorite appetizer of Sausage Party Ryes!


I so enjoy this festive party time and the games we play....
but I also am thinking of my other two children, who will not be with us.
Christmas dinner will be held on Saturday, so our youngest can celebrate
Christmas with his family...I wish no one worked on Christmas Eve or
Christmas Day...it is a day for family....to rejoice in the birth of Jesus......


My favorite time...is for all the lights to glow softly.....
thinking of the little precious children in their darling holiday pj's
awaiting the arrival of Santa....music from the 40's playing in the background..
the older children, ready for bed, continuing to watch A Christmas Story...
and think about my family...and my own childhood memories...
the warmth of our home, Mother roasting a turkey in the oven over night,
Daddy singing along with Andy Williams on the stereo....
the candlelight church services we would attend....


The crockpots will be in the kitchen
and feature a Applewood smoked Brown Sugar glazed ham,
along with party rolls....
and Cranberry Meatballs.......sounds delicious doesn't it?

I so hope your holidays have brought you peace and happiness...
I hope your memories are comforting and warm.....
I hope the people with you practice kindness.....
I hope your pets are by your side...safe and content.....


Sending you Good Tidings of Joy...
from our family to yours......
Merry Christmas




11 comments:

  1. Beautiful memories and excellent changes in plans. How wonderful that those grandchildren are able to come. You have planned and prepared so well. I’m envious of those skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy,

    Your home always looks so lovely, welcoming, and colorful -- especially at Christmas. This girl loves color -- none of that all white decor for me, please. I love all your inherited and treasured pieces; my mom has those little carolers, too. They really are sweet.

    All your food sounds sooo good!! I'm sure no one will go to bed hungry in your home. Best Christmas wishes to you and yours, my friend! Merry Merry!

    Blessings,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I simply cannot believe this Denise! I have never known anyone who had these very old carolers...my grandmother had a set and gave this set to Mother..that's incredible! Merry Christmas blessings to you and those you love!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! Your menu is amazing! Love hearing about your Christmas memories past.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must visit you to see what lovely delicious goodies you are baking this week! OH the anticipation of it all....Merry Christmas blessings dear Linda!

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Thank you for all of your wonderful posts from this
    past year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan...wishing you and yours a very blessed and Merry Christmas also!

      Delete
  5. What a feast you are preparing! Everything looks and sounds delicious! Reminds me of Check at my favorite aunt's house ~ incredible food and family members that are/were so very special! Thanks for sharing so my memories have surfaced.

    Is it possible for you to share the recipes for the Hot Bacon Cheese Bites and the cranberry meatballs?

    Thanks in advance!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat....yes, after Christmas I will share the recipes....these are both new and want to make sure they are well loved by all....I wish you a beautiful and happy Christmas day...hugs and blessings!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.