August 8, 2018

NEW BEGINNINGS


It's official!
Granddaughter Abbie has established herself in COLLEGE!
The school's volleyball team was the first to arrive and move in...
practice sessions have begun and she will have a very busy
two weeks prior to classes starting.
Having been through the transition of children leaving the nest,
I realize it is a pretty significant change for all involved.
We are here to cheer her on for a successful, fun-filled school year!


We were fortunate enough to spend some great family get-togethers
with her before she left for school....
this in one proud PAPA!


The Divine Miss M has always had a very
special relationship with her niece...
These two look very much alike don't they?


Over in Atlanta, Luke the Duke has
begun 4th grade....all smiles on the first day of school!


It's amazing how the years seem to pass so quickly
when you look back at old photos....so tiny
beginning his sports activities...this was such a fun age!


It's so important to create a special" first -day -of -school- snack"
when they arrive home from a sometimes stressful first day...
Luke adores blueberry muffins, so Miss M found a way
to make them adorable and unique!


and......way out in California,
the family is making their new house...their HOME!
Jenn has done an outstanding job of adding
special touches to their new kitchen!


She and I both just love the Himalayan Salt Rock lamps.......


They have a flock of turkeys peering over their fence on many evenings....
I cannot wait to visit!
So, even though change can be hard on us sometimes,
isn't it wonderful to think that life begins anew for the people we love!

6 comments:

  1. O, she is just beautiful...all the kids are....good luck to her in her first year of college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family you have! I'm wishing her the very best! Exciting times ahead for her. I have one of those salt lamps just like that! They help! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post, exciting and sad all at the same time, back to school, college exciting for them both but a little sad to see the years slip by so fast, but our parents felt the same way and I know my husband and I felt the same way when our daughter went off to school as well. I think it's called right of passage. It's such an exciting time for them, more responsibility for themselves but oh so much work but they come out being wonderful adults. You are so right your grandaughter and daughter are mini me's. Lots of exciting times ahead, trip to California. I do hope the fires get under control. Many moons ago I lived in California, in Glendale but missed home too much and our wonderful Canadian winters so left but I have some wonderful memories and pictures. Take care and have a wonderful weekend, even in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much good luck to Abbie in her college life., and her sports. She and her Aunt are beauties. Your whole family is good looking. Wow Luke is growing, growing, growing. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ditto bj's comment!
    and I like 'still' little (shh... don't tell him!) Luke's look now. he's like a puppy!
    when he grows up to his feet... look out! to me they're cutest when they're like little colts or puppies!
    and Abbie is such a sweetheart.
    life is good darling bean. very good. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, life begins again...adventures ahead! My daughter looks very much like her dad’s sister so I understand that dynamic. Your daughter and granddaughter look as if they could be mother and daughter. Beautiful gals!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.