August 10, 2018

EASY MEXICAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE

Do you need an idea for a Weekend dinner?
This easy to prepare chicken casserole
is loved by so many of us...
I have served this for impromptu dinner gatherings
and also taken it to progressive dinners.....
it's one of those recipes that everyone asks for,
so I hope you give this one a try...your family will thank you!


EASY MEXICAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE
2 teaspoons olive oil
 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
 1/2 cup chopped onion
2 1/2 cups cooked chopped chicken
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
 1 cup crushed Doritos


 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat olive oil and cook bell pepper and onion until translucent.
Combine vegetables, chicken, soup, tomatoes, beans, seasoning, 
and 1 cup of cheese into large bowl.

Coat 9x13, or smaller dish, with nonstick cooking spray and
 pour chicken mixture in baking dish. 
Cover with foil (I didn't) and bake for 30 minutes. 
Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and crushed Doritos
…continue baking for 5 minutes.
Serve over hot rice.
Top with sour cream if desired.

7 comments:

  1. I love a dish like that and the Mexican flavors are my favorite! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, Oh yummy. I have my favorite quick meal too. Mine is one skillet spaghetti. But his one looks very tasty and I know Ted would love it. I am writing this recipe down. You are a good cook. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good recipe to print off! I think I have dozens of your recipes now! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds quick and easy too!!! Mexican food is unheard of here almost,, there are no restaurants and its very difficult to find Mexican ingredients in the shops, I think we are too far into northern Canada,, but 3 minutes away in Sault Michigan there are lots of Mexican restaurants and the stores have lots of Mexican ingredients,, isn't that silly that we have none,,I will have to try this recipes, they don't sell Rotel here though,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mexican food and this sounds easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy, I read this post Saturday morning and when I realized that I had all the ingredients on hand, I made this for dinner Saturday night. Delicious! I have made several of your recipes and they're always yummy. If you ever publish a cookbook, I want a copy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO happy you enjoyed the recipe...that's my goal...for others to enjoy cooking for the ones they love...thank you for sharing Miss Dishywoo!!!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.