August 21, 2018

NEED A DIY IDEA FOR FALL?

Hello Loves!
Are you dreaming of fall and those crisp
cool days where you can go outdoors and watch the leaves fall?
Honey after the summer we have had in Texas this season,
I am SO ready for those glorious three months of
September, October and November.....

Now, I am the first to admit I have little talent in
crafting and DIY projects, BUT I am
inspired from time to time, to create my own
little seasonal home design.
These are a few past and current projects I have
created, which I hope will provide you with
inspiration to create something beautiful for YOUR home!


A fall floral arrangement for your fireplace mantel...
complete with dried beans as a filler!


Gather fallen leaves and make a garland for your window...
Luke and I did this little project a few years ago
and it still, to this day, brings back sweet memories to my heart.


I love creating new wreaths for the season and
finding the perfect ribbon as an accent....
it's much more fun than just purchasing a store bought wreath!


Mae was my trusted assistant when we made this
embellished candle....
I used two pillar candle holders, satin ribbon, a small berry garland
and one of my vintage Joan Rivers brooches!


It is so adorable to wrap a plain candle jar
with a cute little piece of scrapbook or old calender image.


This was a really fun project for Halloween....
I layered all sorts of Halloween candy in this old hurricane
and tied it with seasonal ribbon...I loved this as a cute little accent!


Again, take one of your unused glass canning jars,
wrap it in your favorite scrapbook paper, tie a ribbon
around the top of the jar...then fill it with
candy corn and peanuts....adorable!


This was a scrapbook cone wreath that Jennyfer and I made
last year....my very first try at this craft and again,
it brings back the memory of the fun day we had creating this!


Robbie was home from Austin on this particular weekend
and we were watching the movie, BERNIE, as I was making this
autumn garland....he helped me string it along the mantel...
another warm memory of a fall day!


I think so many of us love to start baking in the fall
and I love marking favorite autumn recipes
with a special handmade bookmark.......


It reminds me of something I used find in my grandmother's old cookbooks,
so I find myself continuing this ....it's a great way to make good use
of old scrapbook papers too.....


This is a current project I worked on this summer....
creating cute little fall images on wooden cut-out pumpkins....
I love how this one turned out.....
As you can see, a craft project can be a way of expressing
your creativity and sometimes you end up amazing
yourself at your finished product....
if it makes you happy and reminds you of someone you love....
then it's all good, right?

20 comments:

  1. I would love to make an Autumn garland. I have the perfect place for one over my French doors to the lanai. And I love those little leaves in the window. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea....so hope to see it on your blog soon!

      Delete
  2. Indeed, I am so ready for fall, and your beautiful decorations and tips have motivated me even more to get busy. Your color combinations are wonderful.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue....I hope you can share your ideas for a fall DIY....THANK you for visiting today...hugs!

      Delete
  3. Really cute and simple ideas that anyone could do, Betsy! Thanks for sharing! Autumn always gets my creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you have some great ideas for fall Deanna...you have so much activity at your house, I don't know where you find the time....have fun with it!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for all of these fab ideas. I was just thinking that I needed to clear my mantel and decorate it for Autumn. That's about all that I do, but it fun having the mantel change with the seasons. Great post!
    Thank you,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie...it is so fun to decorate the mantel isn't it? I look forward to seeing what new ideas you have for the fall season...thank you for stopping by today!

      Delete
  5. These are so pretty - and do-able. I am definitely going to make a couple of them. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you really? That's just great...have fun and I hope you share the idea you came up with! Happy fall!

      Delete
  6. Betsy, I have some old jars that would look good with a pretty Autumn or Halloween paper glued to them. I love that last craft. You could actually glue pretty paper on thick cardboard cut in the shape of pumpkins. Thanks for the inspiration. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. Luke looks so cute at the window admiring the garland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susie...I am thrilled you had an idea on designing a new fall project...please let me know what you come up with...I am sure it will in turn, inspire me to make one more craft....have a lovely week!

      Delete
  7. Betsy, there's so much goodness in this post! Could you share a little tutorial for your wooden pumpkins? Is that decoupaged?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey...it's not decopage....just a design that I crafted as I went along...you can buy wooden shaped pumpkins and just see where your ideas take you...I simply love using scrapbook paper in a layered look. Believe me, it's something a 5 year old could make....thank you for stopping by today!

      Delete
  8. They are just lovely. I am going to start with your mantle fall design. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia....I would be so happy to have you share your creation at some point....hope you have a ball styling your home for fall!

      Delete
  9. it's just especially wonderful that so many of these beautiful projects coincided with your children and loved ones!
    that little Luke's profile as he looks out the window at his handiwork! he's so adorable.
    we've been having very cool record setting nights! even though the daytime temps will be back up in the 90's for the rest of the week! still... with the cool mornings... beloved Fall is in the air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tammmy....that sounds so wonderful....there is nothing more enjoyable than enjoying an evening outdoors on a crisp fall day.....just dreaming of it now. Thank you for all your kind comments..hugs from me to you!

      Delete
  10. Lots of sweet ideas! Hope that more temperate weather is in your future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee....it is certain that cool temps will soon be here. Hope you have exciting plans for the fall season...apple picking perhaps?

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.