August 24, 2018

CHOCOLATE BROWNIE CAKE



We are hosting the groom's party
for an upcoming wedding in September
and this just may make the buffet table....
taste testing it on the darling as I create the list
of foods I plan on serving!
It certainly bakes up beautifully,
so the rating will be included at the end of this post!


CHOCOLATE BROWNIE CAKE
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 box of fudge brownie mix
4 eggs
1 1/4 cups of water
1 cup of oil



Ganache
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a Bundt pan with cooking spray.

With your stand or hand mixer, mix together your chocolate cake mix, brownie mix, eggs, water and oil in a large mixing bowl. Blend for about two minutes, so that the batter is nice and smooth.

When the batter is ready, pour it into the Bundt pan and put it in the oven to bake for about 50 to 55 minutes.

Remove cake from oven and allow to cool on a rack for 15 minutes before inverting on a serving plate.

Pour ½ cup heavy cream into a measuring cup and microwave for 1-2 minutes until cream begins to slightly boil. Remove and pour ½ cup chocolate chips into hot cream and stir until all the chips have melted. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
You are then ready to pour the ganache over warm cake. Allow to cool and you are ready to slice and serve.

Two Thumbs Up!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Betsy, that cake looks awesome. Well your husband loves it ...he gets to do all the taste tests. LOL It seems a nice easy recipe. Our friend Linda has been making the last cake recipe and all seem to be loving it. :):) This one does sound like a recipe that men would love. Thank you for sharing it. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Crack Cake made with the butter mix and pumpkin is perfect for autumn Susie. This cake is perfect for the chocolate lover in your family....it is not dense like a brownie so I was pleased with that. I used a milk chocolate cake mix. Easy to prepare and just a lovely cake for a special occasion...have a great weekend love!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure it will be a hit! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! That looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee....this is a good celebration cake....very delicious when served warm!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Deanna....thank you for visiting today..wishing you a lovely weekend! Fall is just around the corner!

      Delete
  5. Oh, MY!!! I baked THREE of the Crack Cakes you featured in one week and now I am destined to bake a bunch of these!!! You are the BEST with recipes and I have a whole folder of yours! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda....yes, the chocolate lover in your family is going to enjoy this one...very easy and great with a little ice cream! Enjoy!!

      Delete
  6. That looks so good. My husband is a chocoholic so I know if he saw this he would want me to make it for him. He is diabetic so I use sugar free cake mixes and I think this would with those as well. Maybe I'll be surprising him soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a lovely idea Kathy...I am sure it will be enjoyed!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.