July 1, 2020

OO-DE-LALLY, OO-DE-LALLY, GOLLY WHAT A MONTH!

“Independence Day: freedom has its life in the hearts, 
the actions, the spirit of men and
 so it must be daily earned and refreshed – 
else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots,
 it will wither and die.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower


May you celebrate July 4th with a grateful AMERICAN SPIRIT....
May the Good LORD bless and keep us.....



Well....it's been a rough month my friends...
There are days when I wonder what country we live in...
I long to return to peaceful times and for people
to be kind and compassionate once again....
or at least for the national news to stop being
so ugly and volatile ...okay, enough of that!
I love looking out my front windows and seeing
how beautiful the crepe myrtles are right now..
we have three of them and I just adore them!

So, here is how we are spending our days...


Puzzles....this one was a gift
from Miss M to the darling...it's precious!


You know over the course of time,
 I have quite the collection of pumpkins....so......
More decoupaging.....
this time was a white faux pumpkin
I have had forever......


I am turning my thoughts to fall.....
I added a vintage Halloween book
to my collection...adore this book!


Oh October decorating,,yes....
Fall cannot come soon enough....

FOOD FARE


I use what I have on hand for baking....
time for pumpkin muffins...
this time was using a German Chocolate cake mix
with chocolate chips....YUM-O!!!!!
Mix the cake mix, one can of pumpkin, 1/2 cup water
and throw in some chocolate chips...Bake at 350 degrees
for twenty minutes!
I also added a touch of vanilla and a sprinkle of 
Pumpkin Pie Spice!!!!


Oh, these were yummy....
AND these are my chosen napkins for fall!

There is no better season for Strawberries, than SUMMER....
Y'all....this is sooooo good and sooooo easy to make!
It is a taste of summer that you can use with so many
different recipes....


STRAWBERRY JAM
One sixteen ounce carton fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
2 T. cornstarch
1 cup sugar
1/2 T. unsalted butter
2 t. vanilla


Process the strawberries and cornstarch in a food processor
until smooth.
Press the puree through a fine sieve into a small saucepan.
Discard seeds and pulp.
Add the sugar and the butter.
Cook puree until thickened, about fifteen minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Transfer the jam into a bowl and allow to sit at room temperature.


Our July 4th menu is all set.....
it's going to look something similar to this and
I am making a pasta salad and a mandarin orange creamsicle salad!


Ah...the days of summer are passing quickly...
I hope you are well and finding things that
interest you to occupy your days.....
It does help to stay connected....I love reading about
your life and the ordinary things you are enjoying....


LOVE Y'ALL TO BITS!

24 comments:

  1. Ah friend! I've been doing some Pinterest pinning of Autumn things! I don't want to wait until it's autumn to think about decor, etc, so I'm doing the thinking and planning now! We're kindreds!

    That recipe for muffins/cupcakes looks amazing! The jam looks delicious! I love strawberry jam. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are thinking ahead too Deanna...I NEED to think thoughts that bring joy...I look forward to seeing how you transform your cozy home into fall delights...oh the anticipation of it all...hugs from Texas!

      Delete
  2. Oh my Dear, yes! On the-so-called-news, they show what is not my Country. My Country is not Perfect, but it is Beloved. Perfection is not gained, by blowing something up.

    I am looking forward to The 4th of July. With trepidation, for the first time in my long life. But still, I am looking forward to it.

    I notice that you have changed your Background. This soft gray/white one, is delightful. The last leafy one, went well as well. Mine has been quite subdued, with the softly colored brook Header I have been using.

    But it's time for a Patriotic 4th of July Blog Look. I really enjoy changing my blog look, so it's fun for me.

    Enjoy your Celebration, even if it may be a more quiet one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by today...I hope you have a wonderful holiday...may it blessed and happy...I'll look forward to hopping over and see your new look for July....stay safe my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, yes, so true. Since summer arrived and left again, I am not yet thinking about fall. In fact, I may fire up the oven today. It's cool enough.

    We many be celebrating the 4th of July on the 20th the way things are going in our family. That's okay, We don't mind. Whenever we can get together is a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...cool weather sounds amazing....HOT HOT HOT here in Texas...as to be expected! Enjoy your 4th Vee...hope it's a fun-filled celebration....stay safe!

      Delete
  5. Interesting recipe; I would never have thought of chocolate and pumpkin together.
    Happy 4th of July!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are doing better Connie....wishing you a lovely and peaceful July 4th!

      Delete
  6. With all the good things you are cooking up, your grandmother would be so proud. I copied your muffin recipe. Sounds so good. Not that I bake much any more. LOL. I know what you are saying about our country...Praying for all of us. For peace and a vaccine. Blessings to you and yours for a sweet summertime 4th of July. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susie....hope you are all doing well and enjoying this crazy Summer...be well!

      Delete
  7. The Fall weather sounds so refreshing, doesn't it? Here in Michigan, we are expecting low nineties for the next week. My nephew and his family from Dallas were here last July and it was 90 all week. They loved it! It felt cool to them! I love Charles Wysocki puzzles, too. Happy Fourth of July to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen....you all in Michigan will receive fall long before we do.....I envy that! I know your family must have so enjoyed their visit....stay safe and Happy 4th of July!

      Delete
  8. AnonymousJuly 01, 2020

    oh YUM... mandarin orange creamsicle salad! I used to love eating them!
    I can't even imagine a salad that is similar... recipe? please!
    and I loved the little video. to hear the wind in the trees ...
    and RAIN! rain? it has been so long ... just SEEING IT! oh my. I just want Fall!
    still... seeing your delicious plans for the 4th celebration reminds me not to
    wish my life away! LOL xo (pet that beautiful and beloved Miss Mae for me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share the recipe for the salad Tammy....look for this next week...I hope you are doing well and staying safe in these crazy times...warm hugs!!!

      Delete
  9. Love you more!!! As much as those napkins....I must find those!
    First yr in 24 yrs that we won’t be hosting our big 4th of July party, sniff, sniff.
    People being kind to one another...oh, how I miss those days....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janey....it will be a very different holiday but this entire year has been something we have never experienced before....where did life go? I purchased my napkins on Amazon....I do hope y'all enjoy the 4th with good food and each other!

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the Recipe. I will have to try those muffins. Your red crepe myrtle is so pretty. I have two and they are supposed to be red. They are called "California red" they are tall but not as red as your myrtle is. I don't know what the ground is lacking that causes the lighter color. I am not looking much forward to the 4th right now. It's just horrible with destruction downtown. News media fanning flames. Most love their face on t.v. I say keep it off and stop the airtime. Oh well must stay in a good frame of mind as I watch my grand girls and they are happy and that makes us happy. Look so forward to watching them everyday. You have a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to ask you about the beautiful cake you have in your banner. It's a white cake with strawberries. Do you share that recipe. LOOKS SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy..the cake is angel food with whipped cream and berries....it's lovely for summer.....wishing you a lovely 4th!

      Delete
  12. I just want to say Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw....you are beyond sweet and kind...thank YOU for visiting me today...Happy 4th of July love!

      Delete
  13. July 4, 2020

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
    Happy 4th of July
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where did you get the beautiful mixing bowl in the German Chocolate cake mix & pumpkin recipe? I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan...I actually came across this mixing bowl and spatula at our Kroger store.....they will have lovely home decor and kitchen items from time to time....this was a few years back.

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.