June 5, 2018

FAVORITE SUMMER GARDEN SPACES



Oh, yes loves....we awoke to a lovely dark and stormy Monday morning.
Texas has started the summer with such HOT temps that when
we receive a summer rain storm....it is heavenly!


I adore garden elements....I think they add such
interest to your outdoor living area.
Our Koi fish has graced the spa area
for a few years now and I just love him so......


These little guys float around the pool each summer


Vibrant colors make our living space
a really enjoyable place to relax and just hang out....


I am loving these vibrant pinks this year!


Do you love little garden gnomes as much as I do!


I know the blue jays and cardinals love
my birdbath everyday....


My little zen garden keeps the peace and spreads
the harmony .....creating a safe haven for tiny bunnies.


Looking at my gorgeous hydrangeas reminds me of
our sweet Greg each day....next to Daddy's angel......


Daddy passed away in 1994 and my sister and I
bought this angel for Mother.
We planted a fall garden for her and placed
this angel among the chrysanthemums.....


I love planting daylilies....one thing I am
successful growing during our long hot summers months.


This little guy is my latest addition.....I LOVE flamingos!!!


Does your garden speak to you?
I want everyone to feel happy when they
visit our gardens.....


So far, so good....
I am thankful for June ......aren't you?


As we were listening to the thunderstorm  roll through...
Mae Mobley was back in her napping spot...
she has been in the bedroom for the past three weeks
with all the company we were hosting.
She is back to being the QUEEN!

15 comments:

  1. Betsy, Our old cat Zoey was not into crowds, she would disappear then reappear once everyone left. LOL. I love all your cute garden things. I like them just in among the plants here and there too. Glad you had a nice rain. We are so in need of rain...our lawns are dry. I have an angel of my mother's, I keep it in the house. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love seeing your plants and gardens Susie...you have a great green thumb! Glad you stopped by today...have a wonderful rest of the week!

      Delete
  2. Oh, your outdoor spaces are just lovely. You have added the garden decor pieces just perfectly, in my opinion. They each enhance your beautiful flowers and plants to make your space delightful. Thanks for showing us around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Miss Dishywoo....I hope you are having a wonderful start to summer!

      Delete
  3. Everything looks so pretty and lush. Your Texas weather certainly is great for flowers; your garden is amazing :) Thanks for sharing . . . I absolutely love peeking into other peoples gardens. It's much better that buying gardening magazines. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing other's gardens also Connie...you have a lovely home garden too! Hugs from me to you!

      Delete
  4. IT looks so beautiful! Like a secret garden! I am just back from Austin and the Texas Hill country and it was so, so hot! Thankfully we made it home before your storms. Thank you for sharing your beautiful spaces and garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Elizabeth...you are too kind! I have very little gardening skills....if it's green and grows a flower...I'm good...sometimes learning it's a weed! Thank you for such sweet comments...yes, it has been SO hot so early....hope you had a wonderful time!

      Delete
  5. AnonymousJune 05, 2018

    " I want everyone to feel happy when they
    visit our gardens....."
    and THIS everyone does darling bean!
    Miss Mobley is happy to have her HOME back! touch that heavenly fur for me.
    and I keep forgetting to mention I love the wonderful horsey face looking at me from your collage at the top! it's been a sparkling and wonderfully refreshing visit. thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Tammy...just lovely...you are a true gift...warm hugs!

      Delete
  6. Ohhh...she likes peace and calm. My daughter has two six-month old kittens. Charlie is sociable and Charlotte must be visited under the bed.

    Your garden is lovely with many wonderful points of interest. I like the idea of the flamingo in the pool and the koi fish near the pool. Would you believe that 50% of June has had temps not reaching much higher than 50°? Course you would! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Vee...thank you for your comment. I had to laugh at myself realizing I had not spelled Koi correctly....aging I think! Yes, I remember summers in Maine could be a bit on the cool side....it was rather strange to us....LOVE the kitten names...enjoy your week!

      Delete
  7. I love all the vibrant colors in your garden, Betsy! Its been mild here overall and we've had rain, rain, rain, so no pool for us yet! (we swim at my parents house) I hope we get a chance to use it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your area is just gorgeous Deanna and you definitely have a gorgeous garden area around your sweet cottage home....warm hugs from Texas.

      Delete
  8. Such a serene and magic setting! I’m a lil bit of a dirt fanatic so everything in your garden makes me happy!
    I love when I finally look around my garden and realize “I’m DONE” and now all I have to do is enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.