October 17, 2014

SALMON CROQUETTES....A SOUTHERN CLASSIC



I love realizing that you are never too old to learn something new! Even when it applies to old Southern recipes! I have normally made Salmon Croquettes in my own way over the course of the years, but now I have discovered a new and delicious recipe which I wanted to share with all you foodies out there! This is just an old-fashioned Southern classic that we get hungry for every once in awhile! Hope y'all put this on your "must try" list!

However....before we get to the recipe of the day,
 my darling #3 son called me yesterday afternoon and
 wanted to share with me the magic that came across his path in Austin yesterday!
 He knew I would love it.......and he was so right!





Bringing Goodness to the Table


Salmon Croquettes
2 (7 ounce) packages of Salmon
3 large eggs, divided
1 t. lemon juice
1 t. coarse ground black pepper
1 T. chopped green onion
2 1/2 cups saltine cracker crumbs, divided
2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 (10 ounce) can Cream of Mushroom Soup
2/3 cup milk
1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t. garlic powder
Olive oil for frying

Place the salmon in a bowl. You do not have to drain the packaged salmon. Beat 2 eggs in a bowl and add to the salmon. Then add the lemon juice, black pepper, green onion, and 1 cup of saltine cracker crumbs, Swiss cheese and 1/2 can of mushroom soup. Mix together and refrigerate for about one hour. 

Heat olive oil in a large skillet when ready to prepare. Shape the salmon into individual patties. Beat the remaining egg in a bowl , mixed with a little milk (about 1/3 cup) and dredge each patty in the egg/milk mixture, then dredge in the cracker crumbs. Fry for about 4 minutes over medium heat until browned on both sides. 

In a small mixing bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 can soup, with the milk, Worcestershire sauce and pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a simmer and serve over the patties. I serve these with fresh garden peas and mashed potatoes!

Hop over to Foodie Friday today! 
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Not a salmon lover, but you make everything look so goooood!!!! :-)

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Tessa! I could eat salmon every day, however, my husband stands with you and does not like salmon at all! The good thing about the packaged tuna and salmon is that it does not taste fishy or strong. He likes this recipe and again, it's just one of those southern home cooking classics! Have a wonderful weekend! By the way.....I LOVE your hanging light in your kitchen! What a beautiful picture that is!

      Delete
  2. My hubby would love these--thank you for the recipe. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! I think y'all will like these very much! Please enjoy! Hugs to you!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.