December 19, 2021

THE VERY BEST FRUITCAKE COOKIES AND OUR CHRISTMAS DINING ROOM

Merry Christmas to all.....
We are heading into Christmas week
so it's time to slow down a bit and just enjoy
the spirit of the season, listen to beautiful music,
wrap the gifts and just relax and be grateful for another Christmas!
I did want to share my all time favorite cookie
that my Daddy made every year......
his beautiful and delicious Fruitcake cookies!
I first shared this in a 2010 post....they are that good!
I know, I know.....you are thinking you cannot stand
fruitcake and there is no way you would make cookies
with this dough, but trust me on this.....
you will not be able to stop eating these amazingly
fabulous, great tasting cookies!


The kitchen smelled exactly like Christmas on this day.......


These taste like Christmas....all the cherries, pineapple pecans and raisins.....
along with the touch of nutmeg....oh heavenly days.....


What a beautiful gift too!


FRUITCAKE COOKIES
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. nutmeg
3 T. Buttermilk
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups green and red candied cherries. Diced
2 cups candied pineapple, diced
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup chopped pecans

Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs and buttermilk.
Sift dry ingredients together..
add dry ingredients to cookie dough.
Add fruit, nuts and raisins..fold into batter.
Drop on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees, for 15 minutes.


The Christmas Dining Room 2021


Toile Home for the Holidays dinnerware
Amazon


Threshold Holly and Ivy Placemats
Target


Merry Christmas Napkins~Amazon
Sterling Silver Napkin Rings~Family Heirlooms


The anticipation of a bountiful Christmas dinner....
Ham, roasted turkey, cornbread dressing with Giblet Gravy
Spinach Madeleine mashed potatoes, Four Cheese Macaroni,
Whipped Cream Cranberry Salad and a special Christmas Cake 


Oh Happy Holidays.......


Over in Atlanta, Miss M has been busy as a bee....
working, school and sports for Luke the Duke, shopping,
cooking, decorating....all the things we Mom's do....




I loved her throw so much, I ordered one for myself....

Looking at Christmas through the eyes of a child.......





May your Christmas sparkle with moments 
of love, laughter, & goodwill and
 may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy.
 Have a Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Darling Betsy!
    this is a perfect post! I'm a fruitcake lover!
    my mother made fruit cake cookies also. I lost the recipe. and I haven't had them in years!
    your daddy's recipe will be treasured and kept. thank you!
    the pictures of Little Luke growing into the handsome man he'll be are wonderful!
    thank you for a year FULL of lovely posts that have inspired and entertained and blessed my life!
    love
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my fruitcake cookies today, too!! Yours are so much prettier than mine....and I am not surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so beautiful! I love your Christmas dinnerware, table cloth and napkins! As for the cookies, they look like perfection! I am not a fruitcake lover but I will try these cookies because of your praise and recommendation. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fruitcake cookies look sooooo good. I had my favorite Italian sweet bread, which tasted a lot like fruit cake this Christmas. The little ones on Santa's lap are precious. And I love those old winking Santa cups. They look vintage to me, so darling. Oh my, your Christmas cake is wonderful. I wish I had a piece to go with my coffee right now. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betsy, thanks for following us on our blog. I'm already following you - I'm the red rose on your side bar followers. ; ) You have such a warm and lovely blog. So many wonderful ideas also and I get inspiration each time I visit. Happy New Year!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.