June 24, 2013

CREAMY CHERRY DELIGHT

Caught in a pinch?
 

Have you ever found yourself caught in a pinch for something to take to a neighbor's impromptu barbecue? Well, with the host and hostess providing the entrée and sides, it's always a beautiful gesture to take along a dessert to share with the guests! Everyone adores this little summer cherry delight. It is a snap to assemble, makes a beautiful presentation and both adults and children can enjoy dipping a little scoop onto a vanilla wafer, graham cracker square of chocolate wafer cookie. I have also served this for the holidays with ginger snaps.....just as Mother did! One of those little treasures of a southern recipe!




CREAMY CHERRY DELIGHT
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
10 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
1 can (21 oz.) Cherry pie Filling
1/2 cup chopped cashews
1/2 cup sweetened coconut
Vanilla wafers, graham crackers and chocolate wafer cookies

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then add vanilla. Spread mixture evenly in a 9-inch quiche pan.

Sprinkle with crushed cookies. Then spread on a layer of fruit filling. Garnish with cashews and coconut.

1 comment:

  1. Cherry must be the "theme" of the day! My grandson and I are making cherry ice cream to go with an early birthday cake (I leave tomorrow to take him home). I love this quick dessert and can only imagine its popularity at a picnic. I'm definitely adding this to my recipe file, XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.