June 21, 2013

SLOW COOKER MAC AND CHEESE....A COUNTRY HOME TOUR


I thought we could enjoy discussing two topics this morning before we are out and about for a busy weekend. A country house and Slow Cookers! I love both! When I came across this little country home, I stopped in my tracks. Is this just not the warmest, sweetest home ever? I just wanted to imagine being invited in for a little tour, a glass of tea and an evening of a delightful history lesson of the house. It reminded me of visiting Grandmother in the summer....
 
 




Now, subject number two....
"Did we really need another Crock Pot?",  he asked.


I must confess, I love Crock Pots! When I came across this little beauty, I could not resist! I have wanted this one for a long time and could never find it, so when I ran across it last weekend, I convinced myself it was a necessity!  I change my slow cookers along with the seasons....one of my little quirks I suppose! But you know, trying Slow Cooker recipes is such an enjoyable thing to do! Especially in hot summer months. They allow you to make mouth watering meals without taking up a lot of your time. So create a little magic for your family and take out your favorite slow cooker.....!



I do not know anyone who does not do "the happy dance" when it comes to a good Macaroni and Cheese recipe! I have made many versions over the years, but honey child....this one is REALLY GOOD! I just tweaked the ingredients until I came up with a creamy, cheesy mixture. Now just know, you could invent your own recipe with these basics.....incorporate different cheeses, or add sour cream to name a few. Darling commented several times throughout dinner......"Hey Dahlin', this is goooooooood!" Success!!

 



ESTELLE'S SLOW COOKER MAC AND CHEESE
16 ounces of dried macaroni
12 ounces of evaporated milk
1 large egg
10  ounces of Velveeta Cheese, cubed
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup Monterey jack cheese, grated
4 T. butter
1/2 t. dried mustard
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. smoked paprika

Boil macaroni for abut 7 minutes in salted water. Drain. Transfer to the slow cooker which has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Combine the evaporated milk, and egg in a mixing bowl and pour over the macaroni. Cover with remaining ingredients and fold till combined. Set the cooker to LOW and cook for 2-3 hours. Stir a few times while cooking to combine the cheeses.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! My grands (and hubby) love Mac & Cheese and I'm passing this along to my daughter. She's back at work and this would be a great for when she gets home and needs to get dinner on the table quick. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.