April 10, 2024

BIRTHDAY DINNER FOR HIM and THE TOTAL ECLIPSE


Good Morning Kindred Spirits....
I hope this finds you feeling good and happy...
we celebrated a family birthday this week
of one of our kiddos...and
it was a fun-filled event....
a concert with his brother and friends,
an evening in Arlington attending a
Texas Ranger baseball game and then
a special dinner with Mom and Dad!
 


Memories from Maine....
a day in Cape Elizabeth


Love this one of a zen moment on the beach.....

I thought it might be nice to share our menu for this special celebration...
it was casual, and so delicious....
preparing a special dinner for your family can be considered your
love language......

THE MENU

Million Dollar Dip
Shrimp Tacos with Citrus Slaw
Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake



This is a really good appetizer dip
made with ranch seasoning, sour cream, cream cheese,
shredded cheddar and crispy bacon.....men love this....



Even better topped with some strawberry jam....



The maine course was grilled shrimp....the Barefoot Contessa way...


I decided to crisp up the flour tortillas for these tacos
and this really kicked it up a notch...I plan on doing this next time too....



The slaw had a fresh citrus dressing made with orange juice, fresh lime juice,
a bit of sour cream and jalapenos....



so fresh and tangy.....



These shrimp tacos tasted so fresh and light....


I also prepared a Strawberry Cheesecake layered with angel food cake....



I think he may have really enjoyed his special dinner.....

Now, it was outdoors to experience the Total Eclipse.....


I mean to tell you, this was a awesome experience....
it was magical, spiritual and awe inspiring.....
total nighttime darkness and silence.....



to me, it was God speaking to us all.....









3 comments:

  1. Everything you made looks delicious. I feel exactly as you do about the eclipse. Even though we had only 90% coverage here in Philly, it was an experience I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in the Waco area, we had total coverage. It was fun to experience it...the next one coming in 2044...long after hubby and I have probably passed.
    Love all the food!
    Happy Weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful birthday celebration - complete with an amazing eclipse! Your food and menus are always amazing! Love my every visit here with you!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.