March 4, 2024

THE PERFECT BUTTERMILK BISCUIT

 

HAPPY SPRING KINDRED SPIRITS....
I hope the sun is shining today and gardens
are beginning to bloom where you live...
Estelle's is in the kitchen today, baking the best biscuits
you ever tasted...perfection I tell you.....
and you only need three ingredients....



You know the secret to a delicious light, fluffy, tender biscuit?
Cold butter, shaved or grated, buttermilk and tender mixing.....



2 cups self-rising flour
1 stick of cold butter, shaved or grated
1 cup cold buttermilk

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Mix cold butter, into the self rising flour...
gently combine....
make a well in the center of the flour, pour in the buttermilk...
mix gently until you have a soft dough...
turn out onto a floured surface and gently powder and pat the dough
until you are ready to cut with a biscuit cutter....
place biscuits into a cast iron skillet, with sides touching...
they like to be all cozy and well acquainted in the skillet...
Bake for about 15 minutes..brush tops with melted butter when done....



This is a no fail recipe...
tender and soft on the inside with a slightly crisp bottom.....



Remember, knead gently about five times...
just as if you were powdering a baby's tush.....


Yep...butter those babies and top with your favorite jam....
see y'all next time.....







4 comments:

  1. I am eating my breakfast of biscuit and gravy as I read your post. However, mine are Grand's frozen ones. Yours looks so easy and delicious. But, I've never been much of a biscuit maker. Don't know why I just am not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, Please pass the biscuits. They look so yummy. Can't remember the last time I have had biscuits. Tooo long, I guess. My granddaughter is trying to learn to cook. Was not interested while living at home. She has her own place, so guess who is teaching herself to cook. Calls her mom for recipes and ideas. So funny. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These biscuits look so good. My go-to recipe is for baking powder biscuits. Hmm. Now I think I will have to go make some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These biscuits look amazing. There's nothing like a soft good biscuit with a dab of butter and our favorite yam. I happen to love orange marmalade with biscuits. This is an easy recipe, and thanks for sharing. I like your jam spreader too. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.