October 25, 2013

PUMPKIN BETTER THAN SEX CAKE...MAKING THE CANDY HURRICANE

Come on Mae......we have a project to work on!
Saturday night, we are off to a Halloween Party and
I have been asked to loan a few of our collectibles to the party.
Seeing as it's being hosted by Greg and Jenn, I could hardly refuse!
So Mae Mobley and I are gathering a few items
to help decorate and make the party festive!
 
 

It never fails! Whatever I am working on at the dining table, Mae insists on being smack dab in the middle to investigate! I was attempting to take a photo of the Halloween candy hurricane, featuring the pumpkin and ghosts Peeps.....Mae was caught in the corner!


She was fascinated by the new black cat. She sniffed and poked,
 but there was no reaction, so her interest was short-lived!
To fill the hurricane jar, I layered Halloween M & M's,
mini-marshmallows, Pumpkin Peeps, Candy Corn,
Ghost Peeps, and Halloween Hershey Kisses!


On second thought, this did make a pretty good scratching post!


Uh-Oh! Is that a squirrel I see outside?


Project completed! Thank you for helping precious one.....
I could never do it without you!



I have selected three items to bring to the party! A crock pot filled with cheddar brats, hot pretzels and the beer cheese dip I previously posted.....AND, this yummy Pumpkin Better Than Sex Cake!!! I have taken a version of Better Than Sex Cake to so many parties over the years and everyone loves them!

 
PUMPKIN BETTER THAN SEX CAKE
1 box yellow cake mix
1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 – 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 – 8 oz. carton whipped topping
½ bag Heath Bits
Caramel Sundae Sauce

 
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, spice and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter forms.

Pour batter into a greased 9” × 13”  baking dish, and bake at 350ยบ, according to the directions on the cake mix box (approx 23-28 mins).

 Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes after baking.

Using the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake. This should fill in the holes and soak into the cake. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Remove cake from refrigerator and spread cool whip over top of cake. Sprinkle on the heath bits, and drizzle caramel over top. Refrigerate for a few hours and then you are ready to serve!

 

 

4 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I found this on Pinterest. I need to make this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this post of yours. Yummmmmmmmmmm.... Not for me, but sort of simple to make, for the grands...

    thank you.

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9 years after you post it I made it! It was wonderful. I took it to a potluck for my crafting group and did not bring home a morsel. I'll make it again at Thanksgiving for the family. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Crystal...this is just fantastic! So glad you let me know and I am so happy your friends loved it..wishing you a very blessed and joyful Thanksgiving day!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.