March 1, 2024

SPRING INSPIRATION ..LET'S TAKE IT OUTSIDE

 I absolutely love Spring.....
I am so fortunate to live in the great state of TEXAS,
where we do not trudge through long, cold winters,
like we experienced while living in MAINE....
We can welcome the sweetness of Spring in late March
and April...and our souls feel new again.
The line between outside and inside is wonderfully blurred..
and we want the "garden feel" throughout our home.
I put together a few items on my bucket list for 2024 and maybe
this will bring you a few ideas for your home too....

I am embracing the soft colors of mint and peachy pink in
the bedrooms....
It's the time to freshen up the whole house with a thorough cleaning,
taking one room and space at a time......



I love to plan the gardens...
I have a checklist written for new garden tools and waterproof shoes..
don't you always look forward to that first trip to the local nursery?



I plan for a list of hearty annuals and perennials for the patio pots....
I do so love Lantana, Marigolds, Zinnia's, Morning Glory's and Four O'Clock's.....



Garden accents make a huge difference for touches of interest.....
fountains, hanging baskets and cafe lights are some favorites.....


I love hosting a dinner on the patio and will
incorporate fresh linens and beautiful glassware....



All eyes will be on you as the hostess, so why not
invest a beautiful garden dress for entertaining......


Perhaps you have a space in the garden to plan
for a stone walkway....how charming this private garden
space feels.....



Now, this idea is perfection....turning a storage shed into your
own private glamping pad....


Now who wouldn't enjoy a romantic dinner for two
outdoors....I'll  bet the one you love would choose
an evening at home rather than dining out....
It's great to try something new and enjoy the freshness of the season.....


4 comments:

  1. These are great ideas on here today, Betsy. You know, I love the color Mint, and it will look so nice combined with Pink in your bedrooms. The Lantana is such a pretty flower, and I think it attracts the hummingbirds, which is the sweetest bird. I like the idea of the lights along the garden. Fairy lights always make a room so cozy and inviting. And the stone walkway is lovely.

    Wishing you the best March days, Betsy. I look forward to seeing your creative ideas this Spring.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your inspiring Spring thoughts and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweet friend! I have been down and out for awhile, in the hospital with a bacterial intestinal infection. And girl, when I say it took me out..I mean OUT ! so how wonderful it is to catch up with your blog...gives me hope and dreams of spring! I cannot wait to get in my gardens...and now I'm going to actually plan my flowers and plants since I have the time. Question? Do you do seedlings with morning glories or just put seeds into the ground? And where did you find your outdoor pillows? LOVE them!! So happy you had such a fun family month!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very sorry you have been ill Janey....happy to hear you are now recovering....all my outdoor pillow covers are from Amazon....and I simply plant seeds directly into fresh potting soil. Stay well sweet friend!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.