May 15, 2022

VINTAGE LUNCHROOM SPAGHETTI

Y'all are going to absolutely love this recipe!
It is so reminiscent of the spaghetti
we used to have in our school cafeteria!
This gets a five star approval rating at Estelle's!
 

VINTAGE LUNCH ROOM SPAGHETTI
1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck
3 T. minced onion, dried
2 packages spaghetti sauce mix
1 1/2 cups water
1 t. Italian seasoning
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1/2 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
2 cans crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 t. chicken bullion
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 t. sugar
10 slices American cheese
1 lb. spaghetti


Brown ground chuck, Drain any fat, add minced onions,
spaghetti sauce mix, water and seasonings.
Bring to a soft boil and simmer for 1 hour.
In a separate stock pot, boil spaghetti slightly...do not over cook.
Drain.
Add cheese slices to sauce, then stir in the spaghetti pasta.
Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish, cover with foil.
Bake at 225 degrees for 1 hour.


This is amazingly delicious the next day....
I am delighted to have this recipe in my "best of the best collection!"


5 comments:

  1. Oh, MY!!! Add another to all the many recipes I have collected from you!
    I'm making your corn salad tomorrow for a Eat Love Pray meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your school cafeteria spaghetti must have been far better than mine. I have never wanted to reproduce it, but yours looks and sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 16, 2022

    I remember smelling it on the days our school had it (or similar anyway!) ... it was always
    WONDERFUL! thanks for the memory. and the recipe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl....I can close my eyes and put myself right back in that cafeteria hallway smelling it!!! And NOBODY shared on that spaghetti day!!!! Wish I'd seen this yesterday...I made a HUGE baked spaghetti and meatball dish to freeze for our family beach trip for the kids to eat on all week. Along with crawfish/shrimp fettucine, sausage and hashbrown breakfast casserole, sausage balls, shrimp enchiladas.......you get where I'm going here!!! I say its about time those daughter in laws take over this part!!!
    Cannot wait to make your spaghetti dish above...I could eat spaghetti every day of the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The day I read this post, I marched right on off to Wally World and bought the ingredients to have on hand to make this beauty soon. It looks so good and I welcome having a different version of spaghetti to try. And it's "old school" so it's gotta be good! Thanks for sharing this recipe with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.