December 10, 2020

MERRY AND BRIGHT CHRISTMAS AT ESTELLE'S

 

Hello Loves....how has your week been?
Is your Christmas tree up and decorated....
are you baking glorious sweet endings and
planning your Christmas Eve movies, games and appetizers?
I believe I have finally wrapped up the gift list
and placed all the gifts under the tree!

We located the bin which held this adorable Advent Snowman
which I had bought for Luke two years ago.
The Atlanta family had plans to travel to Texas
for the holidays which had to be cancelled for
health reasons....so now I can finally send him
home so he can enjoy this for Christmases to come!


It certainly takes time to bring out decorations from the attic
and upstairs storage areas, but in the end, it's well worth
the effort as you find yourself enjoying all the
individual pieces throughout the day....
they add such joy to the home!

We received a darling new ornament from my 
sister-in-law which is representative of our college..
OLE MISS....HOTTY TODDY Y'ALL!



This is a darling idea I found on Pinterest the other day.....
take a cake stand, and add a little wreath with a holiday candle....
how sweet is this?
I already had the candle ring, and found the perfect
candle and scent to add...love it!


I added this precious little felt ornament to the
Pantry door....I love inspirational word décor!
Walmart had some darling Christmas décor this year!


I tried a new recipe which I was thinking of baking
for the Atlanta family....it's called the DO NOTHING CAKE....
there is crushed pineapple in the cake batter
and topped with a pecan coconut icing......


This is a very old fashioned cake recipe which you will find featured
on many blogs In the end, I decided NOT to serve this cake
as I personally found it a bit TOO sweet.....but it's rather popular
among others.....

Mae loves to be right in the midst of wrapping paper
and Christmas bows.....

I purchased all the seasonal candy needed for the grandchildren
to do their Christmas taste test on Christmas Eve....
they had a ball with this last year.....
this box holds various seasonal candies and they
can taste all the delicious brands and declare the winner....
such as Hot Cocoa Kisses, Wondershop Gummies, and
White Chocolate Peppermint Patties.....oh the fun.......


I continue to add finishing touches to the guest bedrooms.....


And another beautiful Christmas quilt.....


This is another goodie I added last year
which is creating a Christmas Eve cocktail
in Mother's little vintage glasses...just mix
Christmas in a Cup with Champagne.....making it Merry......


I so hope you are enjoying your December days and 
creating special moments of happiness in your homes...
the world is changing in many ways and big
changes will be coming our way beginning in January.....
we will find our way....I have faith in that.....
Stay well my friends....be kind and be blessed......



4 comments:

  1. Oh my! That Christmas quilt is gorgeous! I would love to find one for my bed or maybe just a throw to cheer it up. I love seeing your decorations...you always inspire me! And I'm putting a few things out every day. I know it will be a lot of work to put it all away but it cheers me to putter around decorating some during the day. And we've had more winter like weather so that helps. Enjoy your day! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotty Toddy...Gosh Almighty, Who the Hell Are We??? This LSU gal knows all about y’all’s chant! I had no idea y’all were Ol Miss peeps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will finish all my decorating tomorrow and then sit back for the next few weeks and enjoy it!
    Loved seeing all your pretty pictures! Our kittens are experiencing their very first Christmas and I must say they are very well mannered! No damage as of yet! They have been with us since they were very young so I guess they're used to living in the middle of so much 'debris.'
    It looks like a Merry Christmas is coming to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your beautiful Christmas-time quilts! they will be cozy all winter actually.
    and the last video... Piper Rose?
    I love the little videos you always add now!
    and yes. I remember that cake. it is very sweet. love that frosting especially.
    but alas... my SWEET days are pretty much over. I can enjoy in imagination only these days!
    that's why I'm very fond of special breads. they're not overly sweet!
    but the sampler treats for the grandchildren is a perfect tradition! hadn't heard of it. but such fun. :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.