December 13, 2020

CHRISTMAS FINISHING TOUCHES

Hello Loves....
well, December is certainly moving at a fast pace,
or so it seems.....


but, I read and hear that so very many
are under such stress....their work, a family illness, feeling isolated...
these times .....this year....has proven to be riddled with anxiety...
so I hope this small little post will bring you some cheer.....
Each day, I try to look for the beauty and remember all our blessings.....


The formal dining room is set for Christmas dinner....
I believe the vote is in....steak and crab legs are on the menu!


I love the ambience this little tabletop tree provides, tucked
into one little corner and placed atop my grandparents plant stand....

I found the most beautiful Christmas sweater that I plan
to wear for Christmas Eve...it is so, so soft and sweet!

I want to pair this with my Christmas earrings my parents
gave me one Christmas ages ago.....

We do have one Christmas outing planned with
our Atlanta family when they arrive.....
we will be attending the outdoor display
of The Twelve Days of Christmas at the
Dallas Arboretum,,,so I will want to be snug as a bug
in this beautiful poncho I purchased. Nothing is more classic
than black and ivory!!!
Due to Covid, reservations are very limited
and the tour requires specific times for your little family
to stroll the outdoor displays...really looking forward to this!

I don't know about y'all, but certain products have been
very hard to find recently.....such as this darling
Sugar Cookie limited edition cereal.....I had seen this
promoted in many places but could not find it any stores....
so of course, Amazon to the rescue!
Of course, this is a surprise for our Luke the Duke!!!

Another product that has been somewhat limited,
is Cocoa mix.....but this one should be just about perfect!

Luke loves my Spiced Tea, so I mixed up a batch for him
which he can enjoy in this precious Snowman mug.......
today is cold and rainy, so perhaps I will treat myself to a cup of
this yummy tea also!

The farmhouse table is also ready for company to arrive.....
the family has been self isolated for the entire month
and will be driving over to Texas from Atlanta...a two day travel trip....
this will be one of the few real joys we have had this year.....

There is not a day that goes by that I don't miss my parents....
so I often will prepare some of the things they loved 
to make me feel close to them.....
this vegetable soup recipe they would often enjoy
when camping in the Smoky Mountains is one of them.....
it is so scrumptious and was featured in Southern Living
many years ago...it combines V8 and Carrot Juice for the broth base....
very healthy and sooooo delicious!

To go along with the Vegetable soup,
I baked a loaf of homemade bread in Mother's 
vintage Corning Ware loaf pan......gosh I just love this!

This guest room is where Luke will sleep during his visit...
the little spool antique bed was the darling's bed as a child.....
this is a warm and cozy feel for Christmas......




I purchased this beautiful version of
The Night Before Christmas to add to my collection.....
so many beautiful books to browse through
during a December afternoon......
I hope you are practicing self-care right now....
staying safe at home....sipping on hot tea or cocoa,
relaxing in a hot bubble bath at night and then
slipping into a warm and cozy bed.....
today, we are putting out our beautiful Nativity set....
I am looking forward to that.....
I thank you for visiting today...wishing you a beautiful week ahead......

 





15 comments:

  1. RECIPE?
    My family here in Indy and in the south--all on Facetime this year...to keep Nana safe...enjoy..love your pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda...are you asking for the soup recipe? I will share this in a future post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an absolute delight your posts are Betsy! always. but at Christmastime especially.
    and I always have added V8 juice to my tomato soup. but not the carrot juice. would also love that recipe!
    I awoke to SNOW! it's just WONDEROUS!!! so rare for us so always a treat!
    I'm surrounded by rich burgundy plaids and golden pine tables and tiny white fairy lights on the tree. Christmas has come to this little Hermitage!
    and thank you always for your wonderful posts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Tammy..so happy to have you visit and enjoy the post! Yes, I will share the soup recipe...it's delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning! I brought a fresh cup of coffee and sipped as I visited you. Yes, you always make us feel better every time we come over here. I am absolutely thrilled that your Atlanta family will be coming. All is right in your world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Linda..I have so enjoyed visiting you also with all your bountiful Christmas decor...hope your week goes well and everyone is healthy and happy!

      Delete
  6. I love that Luke will sleep in his grandfather's youth bed. You have planned and prepared so many wonderful things. You will be beautiful in your soft sweater and poncho. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sweater and your earrings. And your poncho, too! I'm so happy your family will be home for Christmas. The anticipation and planning are almost as much fun as having them with you. There is nothing like being pampered by Grandma and Grandpa. Family is so important, especially this year. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Ellen...yes family is everything to all of us isn't it? I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and find joy and blessings in the season.

      Delete
  8. Hi Susie...I do hope Luke loves his Christmas with us...it's so rare we are able to do that...wishing you a better week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So welcoming! So beautiful! You are going to be a beautiful hostess wearing that red Christmas sweater. 🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Vee....I hope you are staying war and enjoying these cold December days...wishing you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

      Delete
  10. I thought from your last post that the family wasn't coming from Atlanta, my mistake, and I was absolutely crushed for you! So glad that was wrong! Your preparations and your home are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love your spiced tea recipe please.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.