December 5, 2020

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTMAS PAPERS, GIFT WRAPPING, BAKING, BOOKS AND DECOR

 


Hello Loves.....
how in the world are you all doing today?
I'm so glad you came back for a visit today......


The greenbelt is holding on to a Fall look as it has 
not been cold enough to transform to a stark winter look...
the beauty of living in Texas...I love it!!!!

I received my new Ideals Christmas book and it did not disappoint!
My Grandmother Estelle would gift me this book on many
Christmas days going back to the early 1950's.
As a child, I would spend hours reading the stories,
charming poems and songs which reflected all the
warm and magical feelings of the holidays......
I keep her memory close to my heart with these lovely books.


This book was a recommendation from Elizabeth at
Pine Cones and Acorns, so I wanted to add this
to my collection of Christmas BOOK favorites!
You must stop over to visit her, as she has the best
features of food, gifts, books and fashion!

PINECONES AND ACORNS


Let's talk paper goods for Christmas.....
I love finding beautiful paper plates, cups and napkins to use
for casual lunches and coffee breaks....this makes it pretty for use,
with virtually no clean up afterward!

l love anything vintage and these paper placemats
stole my heart......

They added a beautiful holiday touch to the Butler's Pantry!

I am sooo excited to spend Christmas with our Luke the Duke....
he is of the tween age so this will most likely be the last holiday/
we can indulge him as a little boy.....it's just so much fun
as his Grandparents to be involved in his life.....


I hope he gets a kick out of his new vintage 55 Chevy's.....


I think I have pulled together our menu's for Christmas week.....
who doesn't love browsing through the cookbook collection
to remind ourselves of old favorites and new ones to try......

This was a rather cold December day and Blueberry Muffins
were our afternoon treat.....

Christmas cookies will soon fill all the tins.....
how great is it to walk into your Grandparent's house, all warm
and smelling good of cookies, cakes and a big pot of soup on the stove....
the lights are all aglow and you spend a good time exploring all
the pretty Christmas décor from long ago....


I love this little set....I place this on Mother's serving tray
which holds my red transferware....perfect!


One of my all time favorite pieces!
This was a Christmas house that Daddy gave to Mother
one Christmas...it was always displayed on the Drum table in
our living room.....she adored this little house......I do too!


This kitchen is busy right now.....the heart of the home.......


I hope Luke enjoys cups of hot cocoa, his favorite Spiced Tea,
and a Sparkling Cranberry Juice....can you tell I'm a bit excited?


The guest bedrooms are going to be festive, yet,
warm and toasty....perfect for a restful sleep on
a cold winter's night......


I am over the moon in love with my new Christmas quilt......
Oh, how adorable....and so, so soft!


Each guest bath is in the process of being
dressed in holiday beauty.....marvelous Christmas scents.....
I so hope you are loving your December days....
stay safe and find reasons to smile......
distant hugs from me to you!









8 comments:

  1. Betsy, Your grandmother would be so proud of you. You decorate with love. The little touches, like pretty paper napkins and plates for just a coffee break or treat. I love Luke's Chevy. Oh that quilt, it's looks like a puzzle your husband would have put together. Adorable. Blessings to you, keep safe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy,

    What a great post full of pretty things!! I LOVE your Christmas quilt -- so perfect for the holiday season! The vintage paper place mats are charming, and your mother's Christmas house is so pretty. Those kinds of things hold precious memories. I'm so glad your grandson Luke will be at your house over Christmas. Will Miss M and son-in-law be there too? Grandparents are SUCH special people; when our son and my sister's daughter were little, my parents took them to visit Santa every year. My parents loved it and were always glad they got to do that.

    Your house is looking lovely and so inviting. Enjoy your weekend, Betsy!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  3. so utterly beautiful and timely and full of nostalgic touches... the best kind!
    it's pure pleasure coming here! thank you Betsy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a warm and lovely post as usual. I'm so happy that you and your family are going to be together for Christmas. I'm sure the traditions your Grandmother instilled in you will continue on with Duke. What wonderful memories of you and your husband he will have to tell his grandchildren someday. I love your quilt. It looks just like a Charles Wysocki puzzle! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful! I know that you are so excited for your family to arrive. They are going to love their accommodations. That quilt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, wonderful post, Betsy- I love every word and picture. I had all of those Ideal books from when I was young, too. We had a flood in our basement and I lost all of them. I would read them over and over again as a kid until the pages were well-worn. Love love love this post. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always beautiful photos! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you Betsy! Your home is beautiful and ready, the treats and the food will be wonderful. Most of all to put your arms around your loved ones and share time together is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.