December 27, 2020

JOY AND PEACE FOR CHRISTMAS 2020



Christmas 2020 proved to be a wonderful holiday for our family.
We all felt the absence of our Cali kids.....and missed them very much...
it's never the same unless all the children and their families are together...BUT....
we did LOVE the week we had with our Atlanta family and two of our boys...
and seeing all the grandchildren!!!
I do so hope you all enjoyed Christmas with the ones you hold dear also!
I am making my way to your blogs to read about your holidays....
the delicious foods, the decorations and lights....and your families!


I wanted to make everything special and magical for Luke
and I do think he enjoyed looking at each nook and cranny!


I actually did not take many photos this year as I wanted to be present
for all the special moments we had....we were all looking a bit tired
around the eyes and there was just precious time to be together.....

The weather last week was perfect....these guys decided
to enjoy Bloody Mary's on the patio....the sun was shining and
temps were in the high 60's!

Tuesday evening we had tickets to visit
The Twelve Days of Christmas at 
The Dallas Arboretum.....talk about gorgeous!!!!


These two photos were compliments of the FB page..
each display was stunningly beautiful and playing
THE most beautiful Christmas music....we all loved this  event!
Be prepared to do a good bit of walking....it indeed was a workout.....

I believe that this Nostalgic set of Christmas figurines
were my favorites this year.....


And Luke and I did indeed bake the Reindeer Cupcakes....
he did an amazing job and it was very much a fun activity
I enjoyed with our youngest grandbaby!

How adorable!!!!

Oh, how much fun to enjoy Christmas morning with children......
love his Grinch PJ's......

After all the marvelous foods, morning coffees, cocktail hours,
gift wrapping, shopping trips, afternoon naps, holiday movie nights.....
it was time to say goodbye and send them back on their
two day journey to Atlanta......


 

I feel so blessed to have such a good family....
I am thankful for our health and all of our blessings.....

We then became the napping house.....

Saturday night was spaghetti night...
oh this tasted sooooo good.......

Some decorations have now been taken down....
however, I am in no hurry.....
I want to enjoy the Christmas tree until the new year.....
I hope 2021 brings us exactly this....
JOY AND PEACE


6 comments:

  1. Betsy, you looked so beautiful in your Christmas sweater! I'm so happy you had a such a wonderful time with your family. We were able to celebrate with our 2 kids and their families and had a great time. We all fought for time with Dottie, our 2 month old granddaughter. My husband was the worst. He is smitten with her. Connor, our 13 year old grandson is staying with us until Wednesday. We are so blessed. Those reindeer cupcakes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen...How precious to spend Christmas with a tiny grandbaby....and then to enjoy your grandson for a bit....the best gifts of all aren't they? Sounds like a beautiful Christmas indeed...thank you for visiting today and I wish you a lovely New Year!

      Delete
  2. Not in any hurry to take my decorations down either. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Connie...I hope your Christmas was a beautiful season for you...hugs and blessings!

      Delete
  3. Oh what a wonderful Christmas you had! I’m so glad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanm...thank you for stopping by and thank you....I wish you a very Happy, healthy New Year!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.