September 23, 2020

MAKING A GUEST ROOM A FALL COZY CORNER

 


I  have just loved transforming one of our guest bedrooms
into a seasonal look this year...something I have never
done before.....
For this Fall season, I decided on soft colors of sage green and gold.
I found THE perfect quilt in the most beautiful Autumn colors
complete with matching shams and this became my
inspiration piece....quilts create such a warm
cozy feeling of being AT HOME!


For the guest bed tray I continue to use this
basket weave tray and gathered little accent pieces
I felt represented seasonal touches......


The wooden pumpkin and the velvet pillow
were both from Kirkland's!
If you are thinking of placing an order with Kirkland's
be prepared to wait anywhere from 3-4 weeks for your order.....


I doubt we have a guest anytime soon,
but I am hoping for a visit from our youngest
and he loves this room......

The patterns in this quilt are simply exquisite....
love the toile......and it's reversable.....



I also added this gorgeous, velvety soft green throw along
with a few seasonal magazines.....


The final touch, is this beautiful soft woven
blanket and a corduroy pumpkin.....
Everything is ready to make our guest feel
pampered and well taken care of......
Of all the seasons.....I love Fall most of all.....
How about you?



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful !!! Your son may never want to leave after spending time in this room. I can only imagine the good warm food you would have for him . :) I am really needing some new things for our decor here, after viewing your guest room. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, agreed. What a cozy room! One that your guest will very much enjoy and not like to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such a hard time letting go of summer. To me, fall is just a waiting game (I claim that there are 4 seasons...boating, almost Christmas, Christmas and almost boating) I get impatient waiting for those Christmas decorations to come out.
    Your guest room is lovely, maybe if I stare at your photos, I will change my mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. The quilt and shams on your bed gives a very cozy, welcoming feel. I love it. Thanks for the heads-up about Kirkland orders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful and definitely nice and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn has always been my favorite season! even as a child.
    most everyone loved the summer. not me!
    I loved the cool crisp air and the thunder clouds... a mist in my face...
    the color and crunch of the leaves as I walked beneath sacred trees!
    the gentle warmth of just a cherry red sweater!
    it all spelled cozy magic and perfection to me.
    I've always had a different drummer I guess. even when I was little!
    so your room and thoughts here are simply lovely and perfect to me! thanks! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how pretty this room is without the autumn decor, but it is even more special with it! I love Victoria magazine and have all my old copies. Beauty never goes out of style, and I find so much inspiration in them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm inviting myself over! Everything is gorgeous-from your teacup to your lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you have decorated this room. Sage green and gold. Two great combinations.
    I have old Victoria magazines also. Never grow tired of looking at them.
    Happy Fall.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.