September 20, 2020

CREAMY COCONUT APPLE CRUNCH and A SWEATER WEATHER FALL WEEKEND

Any apple dessert is the ultimate comfort food during
the Autumn season....and this one is one of the BEST
apple cobbler desserts ever!!!


Years ago, my husband was being considered
for a new job opportunity in Albuquerque, New Mexico....
we were flown out on a house hunting trip
and met with the relocation realtor to explore
the area, local schools and see what type of home
would appeal to us.....
now we had a beautiful goody basket in our hotel room,
along with a delightful cookbook which was published
by the realtor....it was actually their third cookbook
publication as they had received rave reviews on their
first two books...
the realty company was called Hooten/Stahl.....
it turned out we did not accept the position
and it's a good thing...
I'm not sure we would have adapted well to that
area of the country and the vastly different type of homes
in that area...although lovely..it's a very southwestern design
with small patches of rock for lawns...

Anyhoo....I have used this little cookbook
over and over and it never fails to
have THE best recipes ever from
Presidents, celebrities and friends of the company!

 

CREAMY COCONUT APPLE CRUNCH

1/2 CUP MILK
1/2 CUP DRY COCONUT CREAM PUDDING {not instant}
3 CUPS COOKING APPLES, SLICED

TOPPING
1/2 CUP BUTTER, MELTED
1 CUP FLOUR
1 CUP SUGAR
1/4 CUP PUDDING MIX {the other half}
1 T. BAKING POWDER
1 t. CINNAMON
1/2 t. SALT
1 t. VANILLA
1 EGG

Combine melted butter with 1/2 package pudding mix, flour, sugar, salt,
baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and egg.
Mix well and set aside.

Combine milk with the rest of pudding mix (other 1/2 package}.
Mix well with 3 cups of sliced apples.
Pour into a greased baking dish and top with topping mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.


Recipe by Tom RYAN, News Anchor WTVN-TV

Now that Fall has officially arrived....
we were so blessed to enjoy THE best cool weather on this
September weekend....I mean cool enough for a cardigan!!!!
WOO-HOO!!!!!


I could not wait any longer and put out the garden flags......


I try to make ordinary things a little extra special
for the darling and me....our lunch was
a little sausage and cheese tray with these gorgeous sweet green grapes
and a crisp Gala apple....


I picked up these beautiful Autumn napkins for $1.00.....


And.....wow....this sounded so refreshing to me
and I can highly recommend this....SO GOOD!


For our sweet ending....we shared a slice of 
a bakery fresh lemon cake.....divine!!!


I think I am in love with coffee scented candles...
this is so lovely warming on my new candle warmer......
the kitchen has the warm aroma of a cozy
coffee cafe......


I cannot wait to plant some mums and buy some pumpkins
for the back outdoor spaces....it's beginning to take shape.....


I am loving the pillow theme I chose for this season.....


I think it's going to be a beautiful season...even
though this year is one to forget......


I made one of our all time favorite Texas BBQ dinner....
Baby back ribs. Mac N' Cheese, Green Beans and 
Cornbread muffins.....Oh so good!!!!!


I think we all needed this....a time to celebrate
beautiful days.....good health.....our sweet fur babies......
and watch for the changing colors of the trees....
Wishing each of you a really good week!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you can redeem the winter, spring, and summer of this whacky year with your wonderful autumn decor. I had to grin at your description of the Southwest. Spot on! Two and a half years spent in AZ was all I could take. It isn't bad, it is just hugely different from anything I had known and not my preferred environment.

    I've been wearing my "cardigan" for a few days now. Have a beautiful autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could go for a big piece of that yummy-looking apple coconut crunch with my tea right now. I can't wait to get back to that Texas Barbecue! Have a great week, Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Apple crunch with coconut cream pudding looks so delicious. I must make it.
    Happy Autumn. Thelma.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.