August 6, 2020

A COOL BEACH VACAY AND THE TRANSITION INTO FALL

THE LAST SUMMER HURRAH...
CALGON TAKE ME AWAY....

You know the feeling....
let's get away from it all....

so The Divine Miss M reserved a beach house
in a rather secluded area in Florida...
a place they have never been and took a chance
on the house AND the beach being good...
turned out, it could not have been better!!!!!


The beach was private and so pretty....
not a lot of surf, which Luke loves, but
tons of sea life to discover!!!


Oh, how I wish we could have gone too...
our tradition....to wake up to greet the morning
on the oceanside with a good Bloody Mary.......


How incredible is this conch shell....
I have never seen anything like this!!!!


Days of relaxation and just all the time
in the world to read, nap, snack and explore.....


Kayaking with Dad...


What a wonderful way to spend the last of Summer
right before middle school begins....
Virtual for the first semester....


Catching Stingrays....


Crabbin'.....Blue Crabs at that....WOWZA!!!


Dinner every night was amazing....
A Shrimp Boil, Crab Cakes, Steaks.....oh honey, honey....


I think the very best experience was Luke's first in-shore
fishing trip with his Dad and Captain Jimmy....
he even caught a shark!!!!


If you have never experienced sunset on the beach...
then you simply MUST...there is nothing like it...
it's a divine experience.....

Now, for what we are doing back in Texas.......


This month of August is a time of transition....
Gala Apples and Freestone peaches......
shall I make an Apple Crisp or a Peach Cobbler.....


Summer is just not, SUMMER, without making
a fresh PEACH COBBLER.....


These darling little ramekins are my color inspiration
for the Autumn season...I adore the colors of Fall.....


I have plans and thoughts of the vignettes 
and am just hoping it comes together as I would like...
I'm going to ignore the fact that we are close to 100 degrees
every day this week.....


This year, I seem to being dreaming of deep goldens
and organic designs....


I keep a stash of Fall candles and have used them year after year....
I feel so joyous just thinking about the season....
such lovely and fun memories flood my mind from my youth...
football games, school dances, grilling out on Saturday nights
with Mother and Daddy....kissing Mr. Wonderful under the Harvest Moon...
camping in the Smokey Mountains....Ole Miss days..
raking leaves, fall clothes....Spice Tea and The Wizard of Oz.....


This was my first DIY I did last weekend...
I love the look!!!!


Mae is my little helper when I decorate....she plays and bats anything
that she can find....especially little pinecones, pumpkins and acorns...
what would I do without our saucy little minx.....

I hope you too, are finding ways to keep your hands busy
and your thoughts happy.....
Sending hugs.....

8 comments:

  1. Hard to believe how Luke is growing. What a great kid. I loved their family vacation. Oh I know you would have loved being with all of them. Such beautiful pictures too. I like all your fall decor. That is clever how you did the jars , with the beans, peas and corn. The painted mason jars are so sweet. Do not think of the heat, my friend, but enjoy the decorating. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. Your memories of your youth was so romantic. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beautiful photos of the vacation at the beach are the second-best thing to going. Wowzer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh happy sigh..... Too bad you couldn't have had a family ocean getaway this year. But you could enjoy theirs, with the photos.

    Oh stingrays! They can be very dangerous, if disturbed. I do hope all were very careful, not to step on one.

    Ahhhh yes, the coming of Autumn. I am noticing signs. And happily, our weather has turned to delightful August weather. Lovely days, and cool nights. So happpy. It has been thus, since that hurricane swept up and through.

    I love your ideas for Autumn! Love seeing what you are doing, to prepare. Please keep sharing these things. And I wish for cooler weather for you too.

    Gentle hugs,
    🌼🌻🌼🌻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing another lovely post! I always look forward to seeing you in my inbox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing the beach vacation of your daughter and family. Only wish you both could have been there as well. I always look forward to your summer beach trips as a family. I wanted to take pics on the one and only family beach trip we took with Amber and Mike and quads but that didn't happen. They continue to go to the beach each summer and just returned a couple of weeks ago. Next year they are going to stay for two weeks just because they love it so. However, I am not free to post pictures. Love how generous your daughter is in making you a part of everything even when you are not physically there.
    We go back home on Monday and I will be knee deep in fall decorating!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great vacation! A lot of wonderful memories made for your family. My grandson is the same age as Luke and is starting virtual 7th grade! Oh my, what a world. Your passion for Fall is contagious. You jogged memories of float parties when we made hundreds of tissue paper flowers for Homecoming. The smell of burning leaves and bonfires. Plaid skirts with the big safety pin and cardigans. Penny loafers and Varsity jackets. Charm bracelets and year books. What great times we had. I pray that all our kids will have the chance to make their own memories of Fall and their school days. Now I need to dig out my Fall stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely and calming images of your sweet family!!! I feel your pain about missing family beach time....oh boy, do I!
    Your beautiful words about memories of growing up in the fall season made me wonder....what kind of memories are our grandchildren going to have of these times?? I so hope the fever of our world right now will only be a blip on their radar when they are remembering their youth...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely beach! Glad it worked out so well for them!

    I'm thinking about autumn, too, and planning out decor in my mind.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.