August 12, 2020

STYLING AN AUTUMN BASKET and HEARTH AND HAND FALL AMBER GLASS

With the Fall season fast approaching,
I know many of us share the desire
to begin decorating!
The neutral colors, warm tones 
and beautiful textures, make Fall my
favorite season to decorate our home!

Whether you begin your transition in August
or mid-September, it's never too early
for a bit of inspiration!
This year rather than a wreath for our front door,
I wanted to create a rustic looking basket
using the colors of cream, goldenrod and a touch of
olive and rust!
I found just what I was looking for....online of course!
I thought these were rather fun looking....and I love the color!
It's a bit tricky to select floral picks online, rather than
seeing them in the store and actually touching them
or examining the stem closely, but I was very pleased
with the ones I selected!
This particular pick was the most expensive but 
I love the amount of elements in this one stem
 and the colors were spot on....
I ended up using this pearlized pumpkin stem in another arrangement 
but love this one too!
I ordered two of this pick to use on either side of the arrangement.


I love the look....it's minimal, muted in colors and is just the look I wanted
 to welcome family home for Thanksgiving....
for now, I'm hanging it inside the front door....just to enjoy
looking at it for the next few months!
We did drop into Target last weekend as I needed birthday wrappings and cards, but I also
was intent on looking at the new Fall line from Magnolia Hearth and Hand....
I chose these two beautiful Amber glass candleholders....I adore Amber glass....
I also fell in love with this Amber glass bottle with the wheat colored floral.....
 I went through my candle stash so I could see what I had
on hand, before purchasing any more candles and voila....
found this gorgeous hobnail Amber glass pumpkin candle
from Harry Slatkin....it's going to be a beautiful season.....

8 comments:

  1. You did a fine job making the basket. I liked the picks you chose. Bet that candle smells great. I love spicy scented candles. When the candle's gone, keep that adorable glass holder. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your door wreath is lovely! So nice, that you could find such perfect decorations, on line.

    And those Amber glass items, are perfect.

    One thing, about the candles, which so many people use. The fragrance ones. Well, all the fancy candles, which bloggers use. Have you read up on them? They look/smell nice, but are not good for our breathing health.

    I only use safe candles now. They still have lovely fragrances, but do not pollute my home air.

    For some reason, I can not make a click-able link. But here below, is a link, to a very informative article on candle safety....

    "The Best Non Toxic Candles" https://www.thehealthymaven.com/non-toxic-candles/

    You can find lovely places on line, which sell healthy candles. I have. ~smile~

    'Miss BB'🐝🐝
    "Beside a babbling brook" blog



    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Harry Slatkin's candles...they last a long time. A little pricey.

    You and our friend Linda are itching to do some autumn decorating. Heavens! I still have my spring pussy willows out. (They're stuck in the urn and I can't budge them. 🤦🏻‍♀️)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be happy to know that I finally wrested that pussy willow out of the old urn and now have sunflowers there. I owe it sll to you! 🌻😁🌻

      Delete
    2. LOL...that indeed does make me smile Vee..progress! Glad you were inspired to change it up! Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Your basket is fabulous! I love the yellow pompom things. You've got me longing for Fall. I'm so looking forward to a fire and homemade soup. You have the best header photos! I just love that kitchen sink and those lovely curtains. I know that candles aren't very healthy, but I still love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your basket turned out beautifully. I hadn't thought about looking online for artificial flowers. The ones that you chose are gorgeous. Your amber glass reminded me that I have a set of eight amber-colored goblets that I found last year at Tuesday Morning. I debated and debated about whether or not I needed them, and I am so glad I bought them. They are perfect for fall table settings. That Slatkin candle is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the basket you made for the door. It turned out so beautiful. Hard to believe that fall is approaching. This whole year has been so crazy that it doesn't seem possible for it to be so late in the year.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.