July 21, 2020

AH SUMMER.....THE SWEET LIFE!


How we spend our days, is pretty much how we are spending our lives.....
Hello Loves....Hope you are all doing well...and your spirits are high....
Just look at that lovely bouquet of sunshine...
still going strong after a birthday!
Yellow is just about THE perfect color for Summer don't you think?


I went with the darling to the grocery store last weekend and it 
was simply marvelous!
It's the very first time I have been inside a store since 
the first week in March...that seems like ages ago.....
I loaded up the cart with fresh Summer fruits...
peaches, cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple and cherries!!!
EVERYONE was wearing a mask and all were considerate....
it's the way we are in the south!


I also love Summer vegetables, especially squash and Vidalia  onions.....


Summer dinners include fried shrimp, fresh corn, squash casserole
and a garden fresh salad....oh heavenly days!


I would love to know what projects you have been working on...
I have loved using my Graphic 45 papers for scrapbooking projects.....


I tell you I am so looking forward to Fall...and have
already started to form ideas for vignettes...
I have also been bringing out old favorites that
have been tucked away in cupboards.
I have not displayed my canister set for some time and 
just absolutely adore the set I have!
I purchased my set at JC Penney's years and years ago....


I am redoing a very old hanging basket I have had
for many, many years from the Valarie Par Hill line..
it had seen better days and I happened to notice it in the garage
one day and thought, this really needs to be tossed,
but then the idea came to me, to refurbish it as I loved the basket...
stay tuned for this little project.....


I added this beautiful tin sign to my decor
which is the inspiration I am going to use
to fashion a new Autumn wreath....


And these will be the colors for the Autumn mantel....
absolutely in love with the new garland....
this is handmade from 100% sheep's wool.


The Atlanta gang took a few days off to go camping
in the Georgia mountains....


they even had a bit of a scare with big bear who decided to
check out their campsite.....yikes!!!!


Son #2 and his family took off for the resort
in Escondido for some golf and relaxation......
THE GIRLS!


THE BOYS!

We are dreaming of a beach trip for 2021.....
If there is one thing I have learned during 2020
and this Pandemic, it's to never wait to celebrate life.....
you never know if the opportunity will come around again.....



7 comments:

  1. Betsy, It's so pretty at your house. I love that you are planning new autumn things. The colors are nice and that little sign ,so cute. Your children are happy and looking sweet. I loved seeing your summertime meals. Yes, fresh fruits and veggies are the best. Blessings to you and the Mr. Stay safe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been going to grocery stores, _early_ in the morning, when practically no one is there. And only for those items, one has to get, while there. All else, we do, with curb side pick up.

    You certainly got the makings for delicious meals!!!!!

    Ohhhh, a bear *crashed the party*! This would scare me silly!!!!!!!! But I'm not one, for camping, anyway.

    Hope you have fun, planning a 2021 trip!

    Here, just for a tiny bit of Fun, I just ordered some outside solar lit little lights. To hang on the back wood fence. I love them. Never got them. This time I did!!!!!

    We really have to find a lot of little Joys, at this time of Pandemic and Hate and Turmoil.

    Enjoy your Joys!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am ready for Fall. As for all of your summer food I am eating the same, corn, tomatoes, lots of fruit and more. I hope that you stay safe and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must have felt so good to go shopping! I'm so looking forward to eating out at our favorite restaurants. I love your tin sign. The colors are so pretty. I'm sure your basket will be amazing. I love Fall, but I'm not quite done with summer yet. Our veggies are just starting to come in here in MI. We've had corn and tomatoes every night this week. My husband will drive for miles on his quest for farm stands! Even though we have a farmers market twice a week in town! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would KILL to go to Central Market!!! You know I was going over every 3 weeks for my back therapy and that would be my last stop on the way out of town every time. I love it there everso!!!! My back and I would love to be back over there....thanks but no thanks corona!
    LOVE those colors for fall....cannot wait to see what you do with everything. Maybe fall will improve my attitude...it’s too damn hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, scary bear! Lots of family fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are thinking of trip for 2021. You are so right about not putting off celebrating with family. The next minute some drastic could change it all. Love your fall colors. I would have run a mile if I saw that bear and even with one bad knee. How did they shoo him off?

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.