July 14, 2020

HANDCRAFTED AUTUMN WHIMSY

Hello all my fellow home bound loves!
How have your days been.....ours have
been flowing from one ordinary day into the next...
with triple digit heat I might add!
So, I have been cleaning, organizing and getting ideas
for the fall season!
Maybe these few items will lift your spirits...


My current favorite candle...PARIS CAFE...
Notes of Rich Roasted Coffee, Sugared Brioche and
Vanilla Creme....just absolutely divine!!!


Yes, I did a bit of online shopping at Hobby Lobby.....


I dismantled my fall apple wreath from last year and plan
to remake it into something lovely for this season!

Now let's look at a fun DIY craft project......


Fall is the perfect time to start a craft project!
I chose to use my Felicity-Jane scrapbook papers
and wooden pumpkins to see what I could fashion 
into something whimsical and cute!


This is the first creation and I just love it!


Embellishments are a big part of scrapbooking art
and they can add a perfect touch to your project.


Pumpkin number 2 is about falling in love with Autumn.


The best part of a craft project is just enjoying
the creative process and being pleased with your results.
It need not be perfect.


Halloween decorating is the best part of fall.....


The pearl button was an extra one which
was from a former wool blazer I used to wear.....


We love Halloween and it's so fun
to make something handmade for the home!



A harvest vintage vibe....
I used a single art deco earring for the center of the bow...


Say something that's meaningful....


It's fun to display your crafts in unexpected ways.....


This was a fun little project and I love the results.
I now want to think of one more......you
will probably see these in a few vignettes around the kitchen!
Tell me what you enjoy about crafting and art projects!

Oh yes....we did sneak in a family get-together
to celebrate July birthdays.....



4 comments:

  1. Betsy, Oh my gosh those are the cutest pumpkins. I love the scarecrow the best...then oh I love the rose heart, oh I ,wait I love,yikes, I can't make up my mind. LOL They are fabulous and would look great on any door or mirror. Sweet clip of birthday time. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty Autumn projects!

    With such hot temps, I'm sure you would enjoy my post, from a day ago or so... Old photos of Winter snow!!!!!!! ~smile~

    Please go and take a peek. I'm sure it will cool you. 💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you were able to celebrate! Happy Birthday to you all. Your projects are so cute. I especially like the Halloween one with the pumpkin witch. I make junk journals and have a stash a paper so I might try to make something. The buttons and earrings are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for doing what I wish we all would do..... Find interesting things, to do, at home. And you always make home, a haven.

    But some are whining...

    So.... I leave my link to my latest post...

    "Do we have to whine....?"

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.