June 15, 2020

BIRTHDAY BOY AND SUMMER RECIPES THAT WILL BECOME FAMILY FAVORITES



Good Morning from the great state of Texas!

Our Luke the Duke is turning twelve!
They hosted a very small party last weekend
with a giant slip and slide and a cookout!


Oh if I could slow time down....
the youngest grandbaby will be a teenager next year....
and I am longing to fly out to see him....
I pray for better days ahead!


Birthday gifts were a new bike and scooter..
along with a 50 foot slip and slide!


It's a very slow time of life due to the Covid-19 pandemic...
not much going on.....
I look back to New Year's Day and the months have
become a blur....
I have not been in a store since the second week of March
and don't see that changing anytime soon....
So, I just am hoping you all are cautious and staying safe..
the world seems to have gone mad lately....

I always look forward to ideas in decorating for fall
and have ordered a few new fun items....
that's always fun to think about isn't it?


I want to see my children...all of them...
I want to have a big family dinner, hug them....laugh with them....
cook with them....and kiss them goodnight....



NEW RECIPES FOR SUMMER


Most of us enjoy a good pound cake to serve when the family gathers
and this recipe sounded pretty good for the hot summer months!
It has a light citrusy orange flavor using fresh orange juice,
along with orange zest!


It's delightful served with fresh summer berries!
Here is the link to the recipe!



Perfect with a cold glass of Southern Iced Tea


Boston Market has been a true favorite of mine for some years now
and I was craving my favorite lunch one day last week....we drove
over to pick up lunch only to discover they have closed that location!
There is another location listed on their door, but it was a bit too far
to drive that distance on this particular afternoon....so I thought,
you know, I'll just make my own for the weekend....
Roast chicken, creamed spinach and Janey's squash casserole!
Janey writes a delightful blog sharing her handsome family,
their life adventures and sweet, sweet grandchildren...along with
some gorgeous looking food!
Be sure to check her out and say HI!

http://constantchatter-jmac.blogspot.com/

The squash casserole was over the moon good made with
homemade jalapeno cornbread....divine I tell you!
I have also searched for a copycat creamed spinach recipe
and lo and behold, I think this one comes pretty darn close
to the original at Boston Market!


Come along with us on a short Sunday afternoon drive......


7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Luke. He is growing quickly. You sound like a lot of grandparents...please don't grow so fast children. I sure miss hugging my daughters and their families. This is a tough time for all of us. We do not take needless chances here either. I wish people would slow down about gathering, especially in the streets. Or wear masks. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet ms betsyboo!!(my moms nickname!). Thanks for the shoutout and glad you liked the recipe! The zucchini rice was good too when you get the chance...I have been hoarding all the things to do with squash and zucchini...he brings in about 3 5gallon buckets every day ��!
    Omg....hugging my kids???? I would pay one million dollars cash just to get to put my arms around them...and the grandbabies??? I can’t even talk about that. But just wait until you see what I’ve ordered and should come today- I’ve found a way that I just might get those Real in person hugs!!!
    Will send you the video. They don’t spell YaYa c-r-a-z-y for nothing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke being a teenager next year gives me pause. 😳 I tried shopping today. No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent time this evening looking online at Fall decor on Holly Lobby & Amazon to try & escape our TX heat/humidity/pollen count. Thanks for your always lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your drive.....and all the family pictures even though you must be apart.
    I'm looking forward to fall, too. Hoping life will be more normal by then but who knows.
    I am trying my best to continue to live Life in as safe a way as possible.
    Who knew this would be so hard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Happy Birthday wishes, to your growing Grandson!

    Same here, have not been in any stores, since *Before*! And have no great desire to do so. I don't even enjoy grocery shopping. Although my husband does. He like to "look things over." I'm fine with on line shopping and curb side pickup.

    We are lucky in that 2 of our children, and families, are here in town. So we have been "seeing" them.

    Your blog is a Joy! :-) Especially Now. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 20, 2020

    she said it!
    "Your blog is a JOY!"
    happy belated birthday to adorable Luke the Duke. possible future CHEF! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.