May 11, 2020

FOOD FARE, CAMPING and MOTHER'S DAY


Well, loves....how in the world are y'all doing?
Yes, we are still marching in place at home.....still.....
I was simply losing track of the days, so I decided
to order a very lovely desk calendar so that there was no way
in the world I could stay in a state of confusion!


I simply love planting daylilies...they remind me
of summer's at Grandmothers...


We thank our lucky stars for a beautiful place to sit outdoors....
we consider it our private oasis....
a pretty good place to be quarantined!!!


I love early morning hours when the sprinklers go off
and the birds are chirping away...don't you find that the best part of the day?


More daylilies.....
the Autumn collection from Cottage Farms....
FOOD FARE


Eggs à la Francaise, fresh berries, and
hot croissants with apricot jam



A healthy cereal is a great choice right now


 topped with fresh fruit.....
my favorite breakfast of all times!



The blueberry muffin....everyone's favorite!



I use a boxed muffin mix and add fresh blueberries
and then sprinkle the tops with a little shugah....


An afternoon pick-me-up
The Caramel Macchiato





Over in Atlanta, online school continues
for a bit longer......has it been easy?
Yes and no.....let's just hope their education
for this half of the year, has been a good one....
but bravo to both the parents and the kiddos for
adapting to the new normal.....really, we applaud you all!
I can tell you, Luke has embraced learning to sharpen
his cooking skills!!!


Starting out the day mid-week......


Text between Mother and Son......



Mother wins.....every time!
By the way, what a wonderful atmosphere for learning.......


And...off they go....a new camping experience
in their RV...
we took our children camping with my parents
when they were growing up....so Miss M knows the ropes!

MOTHER'S DAY 2020


I suppose we will look back on this day as
the Mother's Day of the 2020 Pandemic...….


I have so many followers that are
MOTHERS to children, grandchildren, even great-grandchildren
who are to be admired and praised for their dedication and steadfast love...
I include those that are mothers to their fur-babies too!


This beautiful bountiful floral bouquet was a gift
from the adorable Cali Kids and BoBo......
if I could wish upon a star, I think my wish would be for them
to have an opportunity to move back to Texas, however
I think they may have fallen in love with California....who could blame them?


We had a social distance visit with our son, who lives
the closest to us...which really made this day very, very special...
we spent the entire afternoon on the patio...then
grilled some gorgeous steaks, and had a dinner of
white cheddar mac n' cheese, creamed spinach, beer bread and salad!
We all gathered for a Zoom call....I could not have felt more special....


So, that's it guys and dolls....
the beat goes on....
Stay well, stay safe and stay home if you can....

4 comments:

  1. Lovely things going on over there...happy you had a socially distant and acceptable Mother’s Day!!! I didn’t get to see any of mine..sniff sniff.
    And see?? I’m dying to get my Plano kids back over here to live close...they’ve been quarantining at our deer camp for 2 months and just knowing they’re that close makes me feel better...but until a good engineering job opens up around here, they’ll prolly stay in tx...
    I’m in a funk and having hard time getting out of it. I wanna hug my grandbabies and have lunch with my friends and SHOP!!!!! The thought of Central Market and their fresh bread and fish just makes me quiver.
    Oh...and we had to cancel our family beach trip which has put me into even bigger funk.....
    Enough of my rant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 11, 2020

    an incredible post. rich. full bodied. beautiful.
    and whatever else they might say about a singularly wonderful glass of wine!
    I've never seen such a coat as Miss Mobley wears! she's a star.
    wonder if she realizes it? somehow I think she does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is all so very pretty over here! I hope the kids enjoy their camping trip! That's about the safest way to vacation these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an enjoyable post. You always create beauty. Further, you often mention products that make me want to try them. I want to try those Cheerios.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.