May 15, 2020

ON THE MENU THIS WEEK....


It's always been one of my favorite words..
and how ironic that 2020 has experienced a Pandemic
which prevents us from doing just that........

These are all budget friendly ideas
to share when you are thinking of delicious things
to serve your family as we continue to deal
with rising grocery prices...


Sour Cream Banana Bread


There is something so comforting about baking....
it never fails....every time I bake Banana Bread,
the house smells so wonderful!


A delicious afternoon snack......


I am so very fortunate to have a signed copy
of THE WHITE HOUSE FAMILY COOKBOOK
from White House Executive Chef, Henry Haller....
Chef Haller covered five presidential administrations
for twenty years...from the LBJ ranch, to the Nixons, Carters,
Fords and Reagans!


I added a few more vegetables, omitted the hominy
and added various spices!


I think soup is a wonderful thing to make right now
as it can stretch into lunches and also light dinners....good
for your food budget!


A classic summer beverage...
The Arnold Palmer...a mix
of tea and lemonade!


Butterscotch Pudding


The Chicken Pot Pie
I have made this for years and could probably bring it
together blindfolded....
Always use fresh vegetables......
carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, garlic....and roast them a bit
before adding to the pie.....
roast your well seasoned chicken separately....
add a few chopped boiled eggs, one can of peas...
make a smooth mushroom sauce....
then top with a buttermilk biscuit crust....


Now THIS is some lovin' from the oven!
I hope this provided you some inspiration
to prepare for those you love in the coming week.....
Y'all be safe and enjoy your weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Rising food prices...hmmm...somehow thought that was just a local thing. Sorry that it isn't.

    Yes, I am very frugal these days. No groceries for two weeks as I needed nothing and am making do. Believe it or not, this is going to mean a beef stew for me today. It won't be as delicious as yours because I don't have all those yummy ingredients. Let's just call it a beef and carrot stew. Maybe I can scare up an onion.

    🌿Have a blessed weekend... May there be a nice surprise in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have tried our best to not waste food! It’s been a fun challenge and has helped me keep the fridge from being so full of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know the foodie in me is loving this post...I can almost smell that banana bread! And that butterscotch pudding in those beautiful ramekins is a pretty picture indeed. I also love your Temp-tations dishes. I've collected so many over the years I could give Tara Tesher a run for her money. Ha!

    Thanks for this yummy post!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.