November 12, 2019

ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP

Yep...here it comes...
that blast of cold air and the rain...down to 21 degrees and raining
for the start of our week...


this calls for a big pot of hearty soup
and I have the perfect recipe for your family!
My Italian Sausage Soup!
Serve this with a hot crusty loaf of french bread
and it's like receiving a warm hug!


I serve this soup over pasta
which is to be expected with Italian soups....


This soup is very easy to prepare
and you can use any types of beans you prefer....
pinto, red kidney beans, cannelloni beans,..even baby Lima beans!


The darling commented....after devouring two bowls...
"that really hit the spot!"


ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP
1 pound of mild Italian sausage
1 pound of hot Italian sausage
1 can of beef broth
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cans of pinto beans
1 can of red kidney beans
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 large cloves of garlic, chopped
5 stalks of celery, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Italian Seasoning, to taste

Saute the onion celery, and garlic in about 2 T. of olive oil.
Add the sausage and saute until no longer pink,
Add the canned tomatoes, beans and broth
and stir to combine.
Season as you would like.

Serve over pasta of your choice....I used sea shell pasta.
I do not add the pasta to the soup as it will get gummy when reheated.
Serve this hearty and very flavorful soup with hot french bread.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese!
Allow to simmer throughout the day to blend the flavors.

Leftovers....Crockpot Style


5 comments:

  1. Looks very comforting on a bitterly cold day. Goodness! Twenty-one degrees in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy,

    Oh this looks so delish and very hearty!! There's just nothing like a pot of comfort food in this weather. Yes, we're being visited by the rain and cold here in N.C., too. Not fun for taking the doggy for his walks. ;( Thank you so much for your visit yesterday -- I'm so thankful for my dear blogging friends!

    Have a good day and enjoy being cozy and warm!

    XX,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy, we love soups on chilly days here. This looks like one Ted would really love . I laughed about what your husband said after eating. Blessings, stay warm, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful for all your post, but I just had to comment here, tonight I made this for our dinner, and it was DELICIOUS!!!!!! I fixed garlic toast with it and we kept talking about how good it is!! I told my husband, every recipe I make that Betsy post, we love. Thank you so very much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you sweet girl....thank you for sharing this and I am over the moon happy that you both enjoyed the soup! How wonderful for a snowy evening....warm hugs from Texas and Happy THANKSGIVING to you and those your love!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.