October 1, 2019

PUMPKIN BREAD WITH A MAPLE GLAZE


It's here!!!
The most beautiful month of the entire year......



I have been waiting for this special day to change out
the garden flags in both the front and back yard...
I plan on celebrating each and every day of the month of October..
yes, I love fall that much!!!

What's a better way to make this day special
by baking a loaf of pumpkin bread?


Pumpkin Bread with a Maple Glaze
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour


THE GLAZE
1/4 cup  butter
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
2 T. maple syrup
1-2 t. milk


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9" loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a bowl combine all of the above bread ingredients and beat at medium speed with a handheld mixer, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until well-mixed.
Pour the bread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for approx. 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean or with a couple moist crumbs (not wet). Cool for about 15 minutes, then very gently remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

While bread cools, prepare the glaze: in a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat until melted. Continue cooking, watching butter carefully, until it sizzles and begins to turn amber in color, about 4-5 minutes. Do not overcook bec When butter looks caramel-colored, remove butter from heat and cool completely. Then stir in the powdered sugar and maple syrup until a soft glaze has formed.
Pour the glaze generously over top of the pumpkin loaf and let it set, about 30 minutes. Cut into slices and serve!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my! And I have been thinking about baking... Too dangerous, though, I am thinking. That looks beyond delicious. 🍁

    Your October header is another gorgeous one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee....so happy to have you visit today....let me wish you a very Happy october! It's going to be marvelous...hugs!

      Delete
  2. You're killing me, Betsy!! I'm on Weight Watchers! I think I gained 2 lbs. from just looking at your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie...autumn is for baking...perhaps one slice won't hurt the scales....hugs from Texas!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, pass me a slice of that bread and a big old cup of coffee. Yum. Betsy, I absolutely love the little flags . Love the black and white checks. Your new header photos are beautiful. What a pretty orange cat. You are getting into the fall mode. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leaves are changing and the weather is cooling off....there is so much to enjoy Suse and I know things are probably the same in your world...blessings and hugs for a lovely October!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this recipe, Betsy. It looks like one for the recipe files. :-) Yes, Autumn is for baking and sharing with family and friends. Enjoy this glorious month. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb...happy fall...hope things are well at your lovely home...hug the kitties for me!

      Delete
  5. OH BETSY! I agree with every word in this post! and your new banner is a perfect celebration.
    I love Charles Wysocki's calendars and puzzles. and anything with the word Maple in it! LOL!
    happy Fall darling bean! (they've promised we'll finally get out of the 90's!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Tammy...hope you enjoy the recipe! Warm hugs from me to you!

      Delete
  6. The pumpkin. Read looks like a keeper recipe. It's another must try. Fall is awesome up here in Michigan. Put summer clothes away! Thanks for sharing your fabulous recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Babs! Welcome to Estelle's and thank you SO MUCH for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment! I so hope you enjoy the recipe and allow me to wish you a very happy fall season!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.