October 4, 2019

DEVIL'S FOOD COCONUT PECAN CAKE ....GETTING READY FOR HALLOWEEN!



From ghoulies and ghosties

And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!
– Old Scottish saying



We love Halloween here at Estelle's!
While visiting Austin a few weeks ago,
I found this adorable little witch to add to my collection!


The coffee bar has transformed into an adult edition of celebrating Halloween....


This has always been one of my favorite little sayings for this
magical night of Trick or Treating!


It's been SO much fun changing out the fall decor...
including the tea towels that hang on the oven door!


I was lucky enough to buy the very last witch on the shelf...
What an adorable addition she makes!


Would you just look at those painted nails...too, too cute!

Now, let's get to today's featured recipe...
this is a marvelous cake for a special Fall dinner...
I PROMISE.... you will want to save this recipe!!!


This boxed cake mix recipe is better than any from-scratch cake. You can use any flavor cake mix, but Devil’s Food is our personal favorite. It’s incredibly moist and fudgy thanks to the added sour cream and pudding mix. It’s similar to an Almond Joy, with surprises of chocolate chips, pecans and coconut!


DEVIL’S FOOD COCONUT PECAN CAKE

1 box of Devil’s Food Cake Mix
3 ounce package instant cream of coconut pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 t. vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup shredded coconut


Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Beat together the cake mix, pudding mix,
sour cream, oil, eggs, milk, vanilla and ¼ cup of chocolate chips.
 Pour batter into a prepared bundt pan,
Sprinkle the top with remaining chips, pecans and coconut.

Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool before inverting to a serving platter!


6 comments:

  1. Yum, just copied this recipe, Can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! This is going to be as famous as your crack cake recipe! I’ve been so busy late,y ive missed several of your posts. Going back now to see what else you’ve been baking and all you’ve been doing! Happy Fall, Y’all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake sounds (and looks!!) amazing ~ but when do you add the pudding mix? I don't see it in the instructions. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Chris....you add the pudding mix in with the cake mix! This makes for a moist and tender texture cake! Hope you enjoy and thank you for visiting today!

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to try this recipe. I promised to bake 2 cakes for a benefit this weekend and I going to try this one!!
    Welcome to Texas! We were both born and raised in TEXAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try this recipe. I promised to bake 2 cakes for a benefit this weekend and I going to try this one!!
    Welcome to Texas! We were both born and raised in TEXAS!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.