September 26, 2019

FALL STYLE INSPIRATON.....DESIGNING A SEASONAL VIGNETTE



I am always looking for new ways to
showcase our home for fall!
From tablescapes to seasonal details
such as wreaths, floral arrangements or outdoor living spaces!


I decided to make over an old wreath I had stored away
and use some of the ribbons and elements I had on hand
to create a new look for the season.


Crafting a bow with a trio of ribbons
can give a wreath the perfect finishing touch!


Natural elements provide the rustic texture
which is wonderful for the Autumn season......


Whether you prefer neutrals, earth tones or
the deep hues of Autumn, look around to
find inspiration for your next creation!



This is my finished wreath!
I feel that layering is key to designing
a vignette, even in a small space.
I chose the foundation of this little nook to be
the black and white woven rug, which I purchased from Amazon.
The color scheme was selected using the soft sage and cream
taken from the beautiful pillow.
Then I wanted to infuse soft goldens with the dried sunflowers and berries.


I think we have all fallen in love with the Red Truck designs,
and I am over the moon happy with my new little harvest truck!


Are you in love with lanterns as much as I am?
I purchased this one back in the summer when it was on sale
and Miss M loved it so much, she bought one too!



There is something so warm and cozy about little micro light strands
in nooks and cranny's throughout your home....wonderful to use
when they are on an automatic timer which you can set to turn on
around 5 or 6 PM.


If you have young children at home, I hope you try
your hand at creating fall vignettes, as they will find them
magical little places to visit throughout the fall days......


You know, one of the effects of decorating for the season is the
memories it evokes in us.....it may remind you of
a crisp fall afternoon when you visited a pumpkin patch,
sipped on hot apple cider and munched on those fabulous warm
cinnamon donuts.....oh, I remember this so well......


I hope you enjoyed this design today....
have fun creating a seasonal look in your home,
and please stop by and let me know how your pumpkin patch looks!


After this September vignette is put away for another year,
the wreath will grace our front door throughout October
and our Thanksgiving gathering!


5 comments:

  1. I always like to see your videos. So fun and interesting. You did a fabulous job making the wreath. I am loving your layered bows. The vignette looks like a perfect autumn welcome. I miss the days making crafts with my granddaughter Emma. She's growing up and doesn't have time to craft. Sad. But we still have some paper garlands and wreaths we made during fall. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ribbons you used on your wreath! I need to refresh my wreath with some new ribbon, I think! Autumn is such a lovely cozy season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration, Betsy! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative, Betsy! That green buffalo check ribbon makes that wreath. If I see some, I’ll be copying you. Alas, wreaths are not often on the Haven’s doors, unless it is Christmas. I should change that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betsy,

    Your wreath turned out beautifully! Your big bow is gorgeous; I do love me some pretty ribbon and bows. :D

    Your vignette is perfect for the fall season -- so warm, cheery, and welcoming. I really, really like those colors you've used, especially the sage green. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas with us and I hope you have a great weekend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.