September 23, 2019

AUTUMN AROUND THE HOUSE AND A FABULOUS FALL DIP


I hope you have a new fall wreath on your front door
as we set the stage for the Autumn season!
I think I enjoy creating my own wreaths rather than
buying one off the shelf.
This is the season to gather friends and family
to celebrate the Autumn weather
and celebrate the joy of being together!



I decided to add some subtle sophistication to the top of 
my curved glass curio cabinet. 
I simply adore this vintage photo of my mother and uncle
when they were young children.
I added a peony bouquet to my Tracy Porter pitcher
in remembrance of Mother.......
I love the sage green pumpkins so much, I may just leave them there!


Mae Mobley takes her rightful place in the evening
to greet her Papa home from work....
she is such a saucy little minx....... 


My current read is Aprons and Silver Spoons,
 which is the heartwarming
memories of a 1930's kitchen maid.


The vintage Autumn sheet music is now
on display featuring the song...
Autumn Leaves.....


This is a magical moment for me every fall...
when the candy corn/candy pumpkins/dried peanuts mix is
featured in our kitchen..the darling's favorite!


I also include a little bowl of seasonal caramels.....


The scents of the season make our home really feel
like fall is here...even though we have high 90's every day....
Who doesn't love the smells of apples, ciders and cinnamon?

I love searching for new seasonal recipes to feature
for entertaining.....this one really drew me in
and is a Pampered Chef recipe from years past..
I cannot wait to make this one!!
Hope y'all have a delightful weekend!



6 comments:

  1. Intriguing dip and chips. 🙂 Your home always looks like a dream. It is wonderful to have that photo of your mom and her brother. The personal touches are what makes home HOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love that candy/peanut treat too. Those little pumpkins with gold stems are adorable. So sweet to have a photo of your mom and uncle from when they were children. I love that. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your decor. Fall is my favorite season and I will be decorating in a few days. Also, I adore pie crust so I will be trying that dip recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sigh....thank you for these beautiful fall posts where I can actually close my eyes and smell your home!!
    My children are still living in my home until they get their lil shed built that they will live in while they build their forever home. I thought by now, they would be gone to their land but permits and builders schedules have put them way back. I'm now worrying if I'll even have my house back for Christmas...waaaaaaaaa!
    I did go there and put a few fall things out but really? why? Just to have to put away and never got to enjoy?? Can ya tell I'm just a bit bitter right now??????? OH well......it'll be better soon.
    Until then, I'm so enjoying your gorgeous autumn home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beautiful images you share!
    my own New England Gram … Jenny Estelle … used to serve us sugared pie crust pieces! that brought back wonderful memories for sure. thank you!
    and precious little Mae Mobley... she truly is the princess of the castle!
    wishing you a happy Autumn Betsy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betsy,

    Your home looks just lovely!! Everything looks warm, cozy, inviting, and full of rich, fall color. My kind of place. :) Isn't fall just the best? I sure hope we have one this year instead of jumping straight from summer to winter. Sigh. It's still awfully hot and humid here.

    Thanks so much for your visit and kind comments yesterday. It's always a pleasure to hear from you. By the way, I found some pictures (though not the best) of our deceased kitty, Tucker. He's the one who looks so much like your lovely Mae Mobley. I'll either send in an e-mail or do as a short post. He was a sweetheart.

    Hugs to you,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.