September 1, 2019

FALL APPLE WREATH



I am in love with this wreath!
There is something very satisfying about creating and designing
an art project and then being pleased with the outcome.
I am sure those of you with artistic talents, like our friend
Linda, knows exactly what I mean!
I wanted a large wreath and this measures 24 inches in width
and 30 inches in height.


It has been a while since I created a holiday wreath
and had no idea of what design I wanted....so, you just
begin playing with the look and see what develops....


The funky bow has a french country look nestled into
natural fall elements.


I used all sorts of fruits, berries, and foliage
to give this an organic appearance.


I wanted the wreath to look full and festive
so that every place you looked, you would notice
various fall elements....grab your glue gun and continue to layer.....


Most of these items were from years past and
had been used as vase fillers....


Have you ever been apple picking in the fall?
We experienced this for the first time while living in Maine
and it was one of the best times we shared with our family...
those memories were the theme of this wreath!


I decided to order a standing wreath hanger so this can be 
displayed on a table, fireplace hearth or in the foyer.


Here is a closer look at the various fruits and foliage.


So that's the completed look...I love it
and think it will be a pleasure to enjoy throughout fall
and think of our great apple picking experiences we enjoyed in Maine!


Who's ready for fall?





8 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful wreath! And your header? *swoon*

    Many happy memories of picking apples in my family. Before the Jamaicans came willing to work for far less, my mother and a crew of moms brought in the harvest for 25¢ a bushel. Hard work, yet these strong women earned enough usually to buy oil for their homes for the winter and to provide Christmas for their families. As a child, I was one of the drops pickers for a mere 10¢ a bushel. Those apples usually went into the press for cider. Good times.

    Nope, not ready for fall, though it certainly feels like fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fascinating Vee...I'll bet you do enjoy those childhood memories! It was a first for us and we took everyone to visit our favorite orchard when they were visting! Talk about a perfect day in Autumn....hoping Sept. brings good times for us all!

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! You did a fantastic job on that wreath!! I LOVE IT!!! It is really full and lush looking. I can see that taking you right up to Thanksgiving. Beautiful!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Diana...it's fun to try your hand at new projects isn't it? Hope you have some fun things planned for Fall!

      Delete
  3. Betsy !!! What an awesome wreath... And for it to have a special meaning makes it precious. Oh I do love that bow. You are very talented. I remember my parents bringing home big white sacks of apples from an orchard in the city north of here. My gosh we kids ate so many and could not wait to take one to our teachers. Thanks for this pretty post. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such kind comments Susie! Happy Fall...almost! So loved having you visit today!

      Delete
  4. I am soooooooo very ready for FALL. I am totally over the hot, hot, hot summer we have had here in south GA. And I do so love your wreath! I am envious of your talent. I've tried making a wreath before (long while back) and I just don't seem to have the talent for it. They are so very expensive in the stores though so I may have to try my hand at it again. I know you will enjoy yours for years to come...it is just timeless. Just found your blog through Nana Diana and now I'm off to check out more. I'd like to invite you to drop by my blog for a "chat" if you ever have the time. Happy Labor Day! www.cherischatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheri...welcome and thank you for such a lovely coment. Yes, I will certainly check out your blog and love having new friends through blogging! Hope you have a lovely fall season!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.