July 7, 2019

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DINNER, GOOD FOOD, CANDLES AND FIRST FALL DIY



Friday, July 5, 2019 was the actual 40th birthday of our
son, Nicholas Patrick!
That meant an actual date night for the darling and me!
Our family threw the big surprise birthday bash last weekend
as that was the time all the kiddo's from out of town could make it in from
Austin, Atlanta and San Francisco!


This was the second celebration with Cat's side of the family....
and they are lovely and special people from Weatherford
and Midland!
We met for dinner over at Clearfork in Fort Worth!


Great service and delicious food...yes, we will go back soon!


The grandchildren brought the special birthday cake
which was a Confetti Nothing Bundt Cake....


40 flaming candles....quick...make a wish and blow.......


This was the birthday that lasted two weeks....
it was an event to remember I think......


Oh y'all.....I have a new favorite scent from 
the Bath and Body sale....
French Baguette.....divine....
notes of  warm baked bread, toasted crust and warm sea salt.....


And....this one called Paris Cafe!
Notes of Rich Roasted Coffee, Sugared Brioche and Vanilla Creme



I made THE BEST grilled cheese ever....here's the recipe if you want to try it!


We also tried Mamie's Pies for the first time...
Cherry, Maine Blueberry and Apple.....oh yes....we are loving them!


I am creating, or attempting to create a new fall wreath...
the theme is Apple Picking Time.....I hope it turns out
as beautiful as I have designed it in my mind....


And, I love choosing the ribbons....always three in various
colors and patterns!


Driving home from Fort Worth Friday night....
this vintage Rolls Royce passed us....
I am not one to swoon over cars...but THIS ONE....this one...
had me at hello......



12 comments:

  1. Oh wouldn’t it be great to have a ride in that beautiful vintage car?! Two week celebration? Well, forty only comes once...why not?! It’s wonderful that it could be so special. Maine blueberry pie...now that’s something to think about. Ordinarily, blueberries would be ready, but this summer everything is late. We’re still picking strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good Morning Miss Vee...just know I am saying prayers for you....I know you are going to come through all this hardship just fine....I will say Mamie's blueberry pie was so darn good...just like the ones I used to order at The Landing in Kennebunkport....I hope you have a good week! Hugs from me to you!

      Delete
  2. Betsy, Oh what a fun time you all had. Happy birthday to Nick. Oh my gosh, I have swooned over many a car. LOL... I have always love beautiful cars. Can't wait to see your new wreath. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie....hope things are going well in your beautiful world! Do you have fall projects planned yet? Enjoy your week and I must stop by for a visit with you!

      Delete
  3. I got in on the Bath and Body sale, too. Love both of those candle scents. Oh my gosh, that Rolls! Gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished wreath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know which candle scents you love....always fun to share our favorites! Hope you have a great week ahead!

      Delete
  4. I love how y'all celebrate! Guess what? It's just 53 days until September First!!! Can't wait to see your finished wreath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been in my thoughts Linda...I simply canot wait for your sunflowers to appear and all your fall decor to be showcased...always my favorite time! Warm hugs from me to you!

      Delete
  5. I'm using essential oils more than candles these days, but wow! Those candles sound amazing! Your tasty pies and sandwich look great, too! Your wreath is going to look wonderful! I'm getting excited just thinking about autumn!

    I think its wonderful that your son's milestone birthday was so special! Everyone should be celebrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both candles were on the BBW big sale price Deanna...they are wonderful! Anything that has the aroma of freshly baked bread and hot coffee are amazing! I look forward to seeing your home all dressed in fall's finest! Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Those candles sound amazing. There is no BBW near me. Wish there were. I am curious to see your completed wreath. Please show it to us when it is finished. Happy birthday to Nicholas! Love the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, my, what a sweet post. Your grill cheese sandwich looks amazing! I gained 2 pounds just looking at it, LOL. Have no fear, I know that your wreath will turn out gorgeous . . . everything you touch turns to gold :)

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.