July 5, 2019

BEST EVER SHORTCAKE FOR YOUR SUMMER STRAWBERRIES and THE 40TH SURPRISE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION



HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY 2019!


We had a quiet celebration with burgers on the grill
and Mother's homestyle baked beans!


The ultimate summer dessert for the Fourth of July celebration
is Strawberry Shortcake!
This is THE shortcake which will compliment your sweet berries
and is so easy to prepare!
This recipe uses cake flour and buttermilk so you know it's
going to be moist and light!


I think this pattern from the Pioneer Woman is just gorgeous
to serve a round cake....just look at this beautiful border!!!


BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 T. vanilla
1 1/2 cup cake flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream the softened butter and sugar.
Add the two eggs, and continue to mix until blended.
In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk
and then add the vanilla.
Beat with hand mixer about 2-3 minutes.
Pour batter into a 9-inch cake pan which has been sprayed
with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Mix fresh berries with 1/4 cup sugar and allow to marinate
until you are ready to serve your shortcake.



Top shortcake with whipped cream, then fresh berries!

We pulled it off...the SURPRISE 40th birthday party....
here are a few highlights from this fabulous celebration!


8 comments:

  1. what a beautiful family you have Ms. Estelle, God Bless U all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great celebration. Thanks for sharing that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That strawberry shortcake looks absolutely delicious. I must try it. The strawberry are in season here. Great video on the birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your celebration meal was perfect. I love the side bar photo of you and your husband. Looks like a wonderful day. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost smell those baked beans! Looks so delicious! What gorgeous picture of your Lab all decked out for Independence Day, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun video! Who’s forty? I think I missed it. (Loved the photo of you and your Beloved.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was such a wonderful Birthday Video! Everyone looks so beautiful and HAPPY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betsy, I just saved this to my file and will try it this week when I get some strawberries. I have made the Bisquick recipe for years and love it, but this sounds even better. I prefer a biscuit shortcake rather than pound cake, etc.
    Love the video----beautiful family!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.