April 1, 2019

SPRING EVENTS...FROM WEDDINGS TO SPORTS TO TRAVEL


Welcome April...The wildflowers are coming to life!
March was a pretty good month for us with
celebrations and travel!


The most notable event for the family
took place down in Midland with
Catherine's darling cousing getting married to her handsome beau!
It was a black-tie affair and everyone looked amazing.....


This is the pretty bride along with her maid of honor and mother of the bride!


I heard they all danced the night away until 4:00 AM....
I simply adore weddings!!!
And, the band was from Jackson, Mississippi...we were rather excited to learn that!


We are over the moon happy about this trip...
Miss M and her family, along with our youngest down in Austin
flew out to San Francisco to visit the California kids....
siblings together again! Whoop!


I know Luke is SO excited to take in a Golden State Warriors basketball game
to see his idol Stephan Curry play, as well as taking
a tour of Alcatraz!


I loved this photo of our kiddos enjoying Sunday brunch
at The Cliff House!
I have wanted them all to visit and see the new home
of Greg and Jenn....wonder if we will ever get them back home
to Texas...I think they really are enjoying the California lifestyle!


When in California, you must take a trip to the beach.......



Luke the Duke dipping his toes in the Pacific....


I received an invitation one day last week to
attend Noah's track meet up in Colleyville...
so Nick and I enjoyed lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Rosa's,
before heading over the the meet!


I thoroughly enjoyed this event....
there were eighteen schools participating and the kids
were so fun to watch!


Oh to be a high school kid again.....
they have the whole world in front of them!


The darling and I will be traveling this month
and I will say, we are both pretty excited about this trip
which is a gift from our children....
planning my outfits as we speak...


This is our suite at the Bed and Breakfast


We will be touring a few wineries in the Hill Country


I love Sunday mornings...a time to just be a little lazy
and eat something special for a late breakfast...such as apple turnovers....


This week, I am creating an informal
Easter table as we will be traveling Easter Day..
this way we can enjoy the setting until then....


Hope you all have a wonderful week!

12 comments:

  1. I loved San Francisco when I was there. I looked at the picture and knew it was the Cliff House before I even read the caption. I ate there twice while I was there. Didn't get into the Pacific though. Your traveling sounds so nice! Glad you are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy...remember those fabulous popovers? It is such a lovely experience isn't it? Wishing you a beautiful month of April ahead!

      Delete
  2. I grew up in Southern California, and the Pacific Ocean is cold! Luke getting in the water in April is brave! Lol! Fun experience for him. My girls and I traveled to the SF area two years ago and they got to experience the Pacific for the first time. It was July and cold, but they loved it!

    Its always special to see your kids enjoying each other as adults, isn't it? What a great trip.

    You're going to enjoy your trip too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna..this reminded me of Maine....cold, cold ocean every day of the year...it was so nice to go back to the warm water of the Gulf....have a lovely week!

      Delete
  3. oh Betsy! this post is wonderful and beautiful in so many ways... smiles. dimples. glamour. camaraderie!
    and to top it off with that wonderful bed and breakfast bedroom! oh be still my heart! have fun!
    and hug the furry princess for me!
    also love your new blog banner. it's luscious! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Tammy.....thank you love, for taking time to visit me and leave such a sweet comment. Hope all is well with you and spring weather is at your door! Warm hugs!

      Delete
  4. I loved catching up with you and all these beautiful photos of beautiful people and places and things. I was sitting in the waiting room while Louis Dean was with the doctor and he came out before I had time to comment.
    So I came back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that Linda....I always love having you visit and you know how much I love visiting YOU!

      Delete
  5. Such a great looking family, Betsy!! Have a wonderful time away. Thad B&B looks heavenly. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Katie...really looking forward to this trip....I think it's going to be just beautiful! Hugs from Texas!

      Delete
  6. ahhh...such a good looking bunch of "kids"...and that bride is gorgeous.
    I visited a favorite aunt in Calif when I was a senior in high school...she took my cousin and I to San Fran. one day and I will never forget it...to China Town..French food...Fishermans Wharf...for me, it was the trip of a lifetime.
    Your apple turnovers look sooo good. Think I'll make some in the morning...no apples but I have cherries.
    That bedroom....*thud !!! Dreams are made of rooms like that one.
    Have fun....xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That trip sounds magical BJ...my parents took me to New York in December as a child and I have such lovely memories similar to yours...yes, that bedroom is just gorgeous....excited to make new memories on this trip...hugs!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.