April 4, 2019

POCKETS OF LEMON CAKE



I normally prepare a dessert our Easter gathering
with lemons! 
I discovered a marvelous little recipe which we all enjoyed
and I will tell you that even though none of  my boys like lemon desserts
they LOVED this one!
This lemon cake proved to be a winner...it's light and just
the perfect little touch of sweetness after the Egg Hunt
and Easter ham......


POCKETS OF LEMON CAKE
1 (18.25-oz.) pkg. pudding-included white cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup oil
3 egg whites

Filling
1 (15.75-oz.) can lemon pie filling

Topping
1 (16-oz.) can lemon cream frosting
1 (8-oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed




Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray. 
Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg whites. 
Spread batter in greased and floured pan. 
Drop pie filling by heaping teaspoonful’s evenly onto batter.

Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 40 minutes or until edges pull away from pan 
and top is golden brown. 
Cool cake in pan for 45 minutes or until completely cooled.


In medium bowl, combine frosting and whipped topping; blend well. 
Spread over cooled cake.


Lemon goodness in every bite....
Everyone requested the recipe!!!

8 comments:

  1. Your pics look absolutely mouthwatering. I love lemon flavor and will be trying this soon. And, so easy - my favorite. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved lemon desserts best...so light and luscious! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thud! I love lemon and this sounds amazing! I bet my homemade Lemon Buttercream frosting would be amazing with this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it really does look and sound delicious! And easy to prepare to boot...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. QUE BUENA PINTA!!!!
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omygosh...I don't know which I love the most here...this heavenly cake or your awesome photos....
    well...sorry, but I gotta take the cake...lol
    I am hosting a Bunco party on Mon night and this just may be the dessert I serve....thanks so much.
    The trouble is...I don't have a beautiful tray like yours to serve the cake but.....I'll find something.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my word! Another great recipe! I bet this one is going to be just as big a hit as that Crack Cake recipe of yours! I was at Amber’s the other day and Summer was with us when my doctor called. My girls were so impressed that I get personal calls from Dr. Bloom. Guess what he wanted? His wife had requested the recipe for Crack Cake! You’ve made it famous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA...that's good to knonw Linda...love sharing a great recipe! Yes, this cake is terrific..just a light and easy recipe that everyone loved! Hope you enjoy!!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.