January 17, 2019

CREATING A VISION BOARD and THE SUNDAY NIGHT SUPPER RECIPE


Days in January, 2019


Winter days can be ordinary, yet glorious for the senses...


It's Monday morning and I am craving some comfort.....


Why not start your day with a delicious breakfast
of eggs and fresh veggies....

Time to cozy up the kitchen and enjoy the smells of a winter day.......
I had a loved one comment the other evening, 
"what smells so heavenly?"


It was my current favorite candle from Bath and Body......


I love to cozy up the house with a simmering
stove top potpourri......


I had one can of pumpkin left from fall baking,
so why not bake a Pumpkin Spice Pecan cake.......
one of my favorite scents is cinnamon, clove and spice baking......


Sunday Night Supper Soup was simmering away in the slow cooker....


The pasta addition is up to you....I did not add this..
I also used canned carrots and fresh zucchini.
Also use the crushed tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano
for better flavor...I love, love, love this recipe!


After one fragrant hour...the cake was done to perfection......


Beautiful, and delicious too......


Time to warm up hearts and hands with
hot soup and cornbread.....

And now on to a favorite pastime of creating a vision board....
Aren't we all dreaming of spring???


One of my friends asked me if I ever made vision boards
and my reply was, "I have been making these since I was 
a teen girl in Mississippi!"
I love to begin with seasonal boards and choose elements I
want to have on hand for the coming year.
I made so many of these before we moved to Maine and I
so wish I had them to look back on now.
It's a fun little craft to entertain you on slow days...
unleash your creativity and see where your vision takes you......



I normally create a vision board using poster board, glue,
and old magazines......I love this craft and I think you will too!

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! That recipe sounds delicious and since I often have a large group here on Sundays I just may give this a try! That soup and a big pan of cornbread would fill hungry bellies very well! Your cake looks amazing too!

    I've never made a vision board, but I just may do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your family will enjoy the soup Deanna...it's easy and makes a great supper on a cold night...perfect with hot cornbread....hope your days are well and happy!

      Delete
  2. JINX!!!!! We've done it again.....our brains are on the same wavelength!!!!!

    love your vision board!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I think it's getting scary....my brain wavelength matching someone else??? Dear oh deary.....hugs Janey!

      Delete
  3. I am saving that recipe. My hubby loves a good meal like that on a winter's night. I would not add the pasta either. Oh...and cornbread with it----oh my!!!!

    I have made 'mood boards' in the form of mini-binder books for years, too. I still have most of mine from up to about 30 years ago. Crazy, huh?! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet your mood boards are fabulous Diana...that would be such fun to take a look back!

      Delete
  4. Oh, yum. Your soup, cornbread and cake look divine. I fell in love with the Campsite Coffee candle, too. When I went to buy more, it was sold out. I substituted Paris Cafe. I have not burned it yet, but smelling the jar it is a good match. I plan to do a vision board soon - fighting the flu now so don't feel like doing anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you are under the weather....especially fighting that flu...feel better soon....warm hugs!

      Delete
  5. Your vision board is beautiful; you certainly captured the loveliness of Spring.
    That and the smells that radiate from your kitchen . . . so inviting and perfect:)
    Wishing you a delightful day filled with laughter and love.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind Connie...I wish you the same and so hope your dear husband is feeling better these days...have a lovely weekend and....I would love to see what your vision board would look like!

      Delete
  6. I must save this recipe. It sounds like just the right thing for this freezing cold winter weather we are having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the recipe Kathy..indeed, it is very cold in Texas too!

      Delete
  7. Made the soup Saturday night with pork. It was wonderful. Thanks for great recipes

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.