January 14, 2019

A WEEK IN REVIEW AND PLANNING FOR CHRISTMAS....2019

What's been going on here at Estelle's?


I hope you are filling your winter days with things 
that make you happy and joyful....whether it be reading
a suspenseful book, baking some homemade treats, taking time for tea
in the afternoon, or enjoying a walk through the woods.....


Our Christmas gift to each other was theater tickets 
to see A Bronx Tale over in Dallas.
This was a limited two week engagement and we
were so looking forward to this musical!
It turned out to be just a beautiful mild day, and
the perfect opportunity to get all dolled up for a date!


Going to the theater and enjoying a cocktail before the show
is probably one of my all time favorite dates....
it's such fun to people watch and feel all the anticipation
of the orchestra warming up and everyone taking their seats....


We have always loved this movie and the musical
was just amazingly wonderful!
This tells the early life story of actor Chazz Palminteri
and is directed by Robert De Niro.
The darling child that played Chazz as a young boy
was just simply fantastic...his name is Frankie Leoni....
https://www.dallasnews.com/arts/theater/2018/07/06/burleson-boy-makes-debut-broadway-bronx-tale


Are you taking advantage of end of season sales....
I bought this canvas print which is going to be
a beautiful addition to one of the guest bedrooms!


Oh baby...don't these look decadent!!!


The game watching appetizers were enjoyed by all,
even though  the Cowboys managed to end their season with a loss...


Nick treated his beautiful bride, Catherine, to a fancy
steak dinner at Pappas Steak House!

Out in California, walking the BoBo
turned into tiptoeing by some beautiful creatures.....


Be still my heart.......


They have had some cold, rainy days
which have been perfect for lazy Sundays
and snuggling with Bo and darling little Rusty!

Have you wanted to try a new recipe?
I made the Sunday Night Supper Soup
and ....it's a keeper!!!
Let me know if you would like the recipe!

Yes....call me crazy,
but I am one of those people
that begin planning for the upcoming holidays
once Christmas ends and New Year's begins....


For 2019, I am thinking of going clean and simple....
mostly whites and forest greens.....
I put together my inspiration board as the ideas
begin to swirl about.....
I am just in love with MAGNOLIA HEATH AND HAND......
my collection continues to grow and I am loving it!!!
How about you? Have you fallen in love with a certain look?

11 comments:

  1. Betsy... love your new print. Darling pics of the wedding couple and of course, the doggies. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting you! And I love your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you did have an opportunity to wear your new outfit. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing everything you do. I hope this doesn't make me sound like a stalker (laughingly said). But no I have got some of the best cooking ,decorating and gift giving ideas from you. I would love your Sunday Night Supper Soup recipe. We have a good cold spell coming here this Sunday at our Texas area and that sounds like a great soup for me and the grand kids to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Christmas gift, a date with your love to a play that you love! Your grandpups are adorable, sweet photo.

    I haven't felt much like making anything new, it has been so grey and rainy here. But your party spread might have inspired my to make something!

    Love your inspiration for Christmas 2019, it is never too soon to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the advantage of planing next year's Christmas at a time when you can find half price holiday decor, but I just can't get into it. I'm ready to start planning my garden, LOL. We love A Bronx Tale (the movie) too . . . that would have been the perfect date night and live performance is one of our favorite things to do (to go to). There's a great little community theater about 20 miles away. It's not big city talent, but fun :) So happy you were able to go.
    Happy Christmas planning.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bo Bo has a little brother? !!! how did I miss that? and YES! be still my heart too!
    I love this post. but then all your posts exude sheer happiness for me! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunday Night Supper Soup sounds wonderful! Yes, please! All your recipes have been great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooo la la!! Best looking tailgating spread...bet your SuperBowl table will be super too!!!
    Good for you for getting a jump start on next yrs shopping. Me? Do Not want to even go inside a store right now. Or open my wallet!!! Between Christmas and NINE family birthdays in january and february.....I'm tapped out!!! Bundle up this weekend....looks like we have a cold one coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janey.....hope all is well and you are enjoying your winter days.....stay warm!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.