December 13, 2018

VINTAGE CHRISTMAS


The days are dwindling as we approach Christmas day.


My favorite holiday style would be everything vintage...old....collectibles....
heirlooms which hold all my memories....


My grandmother Estelle, and also my mother had this children's choir....
I used to adore when Mother would set them out in our formal living room
each Christmas...I played with them for hours....
and here they are....years and years later.....right here on Mother's buffet
in our formal dining room in Texas...how dear is this......


I would have to say these are my most precious heirloom...


I bring out this Santa every year....
it was a gift I gave to Mother and she kept it out
all year in her formal living room.
I thought he was so special in his deep green suit....rather unusual.


This gorgeous vintage Christmas box, complete with the metal hinges 
and leather handle was a gift from my sweet sister......


This is the inside of the box and it truly is just a gorgeous work of art...
the style of art which I simply adore.


My red toile collection sits on top of  a cherry wood
tray which my Daddy made...I keep this vintage Santa
mixed in with this little collection.


Do you love sweet snowmen as much as I do?


And....Mercury Glass ornaments are simply gorgeous on a 
Christmas tree....the most vintage of all!


Candlelight in a holiday scent sets the mood for a lovely evening.


The packages are wrapped, but there are ribbons yet to be tied....
it's a good time to just slow things down a bit and enjoy these days...
a wintry mix is on the way....time for a hot cup of tea......
I hope you are all well and content


8 comments:

  1. I love your special decor, especially that sweet choir! I started some wrapping yesterday! I'm savoring these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I love seeing your keepsakes. I know your heart must feel warmed by knowing they were your grandmother's then your mother's. What sweet memories. Blessings to all of you this holiday season, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy you posts, Betsy. I'm always glad when I see that one has popped into my inbox. Thanks so much for sharing with us. God Bless you and your entire family this holiday season. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Betsy. such a treat is this beautiful post! full of beauty in sentiment and color and texture!
    and then to end it with the tiny video clip of Christmases past. I still think of Luke the Duke being that size! and the music you selected for it is simply perfection! thank you dearest bean. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those little figurines are so sweet. I noticed that The Vermont Country Store has a set of choirboys spelling out Noel. Thank you for sharing some of your favorite Christmas treasures. Oh, you wrap first then bow? That might be a better way of doing things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the choir is just THE best!!! I, like you, adore vintage Christmas decor. Funny really, because I'm not too much into vintage for regular decor. I think it's the stories behind them that touch my heart so warmly. I can sit for hours looking at some of my mom's things, remembering exacly where, when and how I lived with it as a child. So special.
    I've actually been taking pics of special things in my home that mean alot to me so my children will not have to guess where something came from or how much it meant to me. If the pic is in the book, they know it meant alot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. one more thing....just watched your video. plz tell me you made that lil sno globe type arrangement in the glass bowl!!! and teach me how!! it was so cute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janey...that was from a DIY on Pinterest....a few years ago...I have it on my list to try one similar...adorable isn't it?

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.