November 1, 2018

NOVEMBER ARRIVES.....CREATING A COZY HOME



The days are growing shorter and there indeed is a crispness
in the early morning air.
Our neighborhood hardwoods are beginning to
showcase their reds, yellows and oranges...
there are pumpkins scattered throughout the gardens.........


Please let this serve as a reminder that I need not
buy one more pumpkin for 2019!
The darling said, 

"l'll believe it when I see it!"


How lucky I am that this is my morning view.
It is the season for bringing out our sweaters and warm tartan blankets.


There is always delicious food found in the kitchen...
which is the heart of our home....
soups and roasted chicken is often on the menu...
and of course, sweet endings for the darling and me.


We continue to enjoy the Hello Fresh delivery...
we find it perfect for our lifestyle and very healthy!


I love sharing additions to my cookbook collection and am loving
this gem from Alabama....I mean every recipe is from a fabulous
home chef from the south....love, love, love Alabama!


The garden continues to look healthy and just vibrant for Autumn...
I have so enjoyed my little pepper plant which was a favorite of
Mothers.....I will always grow just what she loved!
I miss my parents terribly during the fall.....
I miss going home....


I snap a photo of this tree every year to capture that beautiful color...
it's a true gift of the season.
Yes, that is the moon to the left...I love seeing the moon in the early morning....


"There is something incredibly nostalgic
and significant about the annual cascade
of Autumn leaves."
Joe Wheeler



I have angels in my garden...
this is a very special one which was a gift from #2 son....


These mums came back from last year which was amazing to me....
I think the color yellow inspires us to be happy.


I am making a divine Toddy for Thanksgiving this year
which will feature this tea......along with a good Kentucky bourbon and apple cider!


I so hope you enjoy entertaining those you love
this month.
It's a glorious season to celebrate family...
I am grateful for Autumn Bliss....cozy interiors 
and favorite seasonal foods. 
Hugs and Blessings to each of you!




7 comments:

  1. This post gives a real sense of autumn and the holiday season. Now I've got to work on getting my house looking like Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite pumpkin haul. LOL. It's looking very autumn like around your area. Love the mums and peppers. You will be cooking up some wonderful fall dishes from your cookbook. Blessings for a great weekend, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a heartwarming post. It is, indeed, a special time of year...the sunshiny days with a nip in the air, the promise of Thanksgiving with our precious families..and bringing Christmas closer to share with family and friends. Just a perfect time of the year is November.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every photo is lovely! I love visiting you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is so pretty here that I nearly wiped out in a swoon as the silent movie stars were wont to do. Love love love the cozy browns of November. And I enjoyed the discussion of homemaking and plans for Thanksgiving and the joy of hosting. Your stash of pumpkins is extensive...will you use them all? I chuckled at your husband's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betsy,

    I really enjoyed this post! It's so full of warm feelings and love for this season of the year (my favorite season). Got a good laugh from your pumpkin stash! :D I can imagine how you must miss your parents; the holiday season is a bit bittersweet, isn't it?

    I notice you have a Susan Branch calendar; I just love her books. I also love your beautiful brown transferware plates! I love seeing all these cozy images of fall around your home -- thank you for sharing.

    Thanks so much for your visit and your kind comments on my tablescape, Betsy!! You are much appreciated and I always enjoy your visits to my blog. Have a lovely weekend, my friend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I am in the minority but I love when it gets dark early, it is an opportunity to slow down and relax a bit earlier each day. I too collect cookbooks! I enjoy sitting and reading them so that I can enjoy the stories, the recipes and more.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.