November 5, 2018

FALL FOOTBALL AND PREPARING FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON


What a beautiful fall weekend we enjoyed here
in the great state of Texas!
We enjoyed Friday night football down in Joshua
cheering for the Owls and grandson Noah...
who made a touchdown by the way!
He is only a sophomore and making quite a name for himself
across the state!
He is an honor roll student and very sweet and soft spoken...
we are proud, proud grandparents!


I packed away most ALL of the fall decor...
I only left out a few decor pieces for Thanksgiving
which is the first time in forever that I have done this.
I need a clean slate to decorate for the Christmas holidays
since we are lucky enough to have Luke the Duke this year..
so I need to make it a holiday to remember for him!


The dining room will be prepared for the
Thanksgiving gathering.


This may be the last year that I can have cute little
Christmas Hallmark babies under the tree for him....can you say ADORABLE????


I am gathering the ribbons for lanterns and packages.....


This cute little guy is another surprise for Luke...
he is actually an Advent Calender!


I am most excited to decorate the formal living room
which is going to be all done up with shades of pink, blush and greens!
This gorgeous Santa is new to my collection and is going to be
perfect for decorating the piano.


We enjoyed a cozy and perfect Autumn evening Saturday with
a storm blowing in and the trees were dropping their leaves across
the greenbelt....we treated ourselves to Chinese Food delivery!!!


And.....we decided to enjoy Sunday morning breakfast at IHOP...
the darling's favorite.....


Sunday means an afternoon of football and since it's November,
it's our favorite time to boil a few pounds of peanuts.
This is a tradition!
Honey, in the south, you will find boiled peanuts at every gas station
throughout the states of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana!
I feel sorry for anyone who has never enjoyed a bag of hot boiled peanuts!!!!


Look at this beautiful Autumn day....amazing how quickly
our tree is becoming bare of leaves all of a sudden!


Mae Mobley is loving her fall evenings where she can warm herself
by the fire...it's her favorite fall activity, so to speak....otherwise
you will find her napping in a sunbeam!
The best time of year is upon us..let's enjoy the ride!

8 comments:

  1. Oh feel sorry for me as I have never had a bag of boiled peanuts. I feel as if I am totally missing out! Oh it will be a sweet Christmas and a lot of the fun will be in the preparation. Luke will be blessed. You all will! Congrats to Noah on the touchdown...how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Vee, perhaps one day, if you head this way, we shall ensure that you have a bag all to yourself! Hope you are enjoying the end of the fall season....warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. I know you are excited to have Luke with you this Christmas! Enjoy all your planning and preparation! Its going to be a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading what preparations you are busy tending to Deanna...it's such a beautiful season!

      Delete
  3. I see Mae has found a cozy sunny spot. :) Your Luke will be as tall as Noah way too soon. I know that he will enjoy his Christmas holiday with you and your husband. It will be memories of your love for him. I have never eaten boiled peanuts. I know Ted would eat them, he loves peanuts for snacks any time. Blessings for a great new week. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie...have you ever visited the south? Maybe that would be a great trip to plan sometime! Hope you are having a lovely morning!!

      Delete
  4. Oh me Oh my!!!!! Your home is going to POUR Christmas from every crack n crevice!! I do know how fun it is to decorate just for our grandchildren...hey! what am I saying??? I STILL do it for my very grown up sons. Even tho every yr I say I’m going to scale back🙄
    Where oh where did u find that ribbon? My theme this yr is going to be the red card with trees on top. Want to wrap all packages in butcher paper with THAT ribbon! Plz?!!
    No boiled peanuts for this Louisiana gal...I’ll take cracklins and boudin tho!!!
    So happy that your grandson will be with you for Christmas... I know you’re over the moon happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janey.....I found the ribbon on Amazon....I seem to find the best ribbon there! I love it too! I hope this promises to be a grand gathering for y'all as well...warm hugs from me to you!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.